Orthopedic Treatment from the best doctors in Hyderabad
We at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad provide world-class treatment to our patients. We have well-experienced doctors and surgeons who are adept at offering the right diagnosis, surgery – both invasive and minimally-invasive ones – as well as treatments. The Institute of Orthopedics and joint replacement at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad has the latest technology, skilled staff, and modern facilities to support these experts. We offer a wide range of orthopedic treatment to our patients making us one of the best hospital near you.
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy, a minimally invasive surgical procedure on a joint, is used for treatment when your surgeon inserts a small camera called an “arthroscope” into your damaged joint.
- Arthroplasty: Arthroplasty is a surgical procedure to restore the function of a joint that can be restored by using an artificial joint. In this procedure, the musculoskeletal joint’s articular surface is replaced, realigned or remodeled using a treatment known as osteotomy.
- Hip replacement surgery: Hip replacement is a surgical procedure to replace the hip joint by a prosthetic implant, which is also called a hip prosthesis. It can be performed as a total replacement or a semi replacement.
- Knee replacement surgery: Knee replacement is a surgical procedure to replace the weight-bearing surfaces of the knee joint which helps to relieve pain and disability, which is also known as knee arthroplasty. It is performed for osteoarthritis, and also for other knee diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. We also perform artificial knee replacement surgery.
- ACL Reconstruction: When a surgical tissue graft replacement of the ACL, located in the knee, to restore its function after an injury torn ligament can either be removed from the knee or preserved before reconstruction an arthroscopic procedure.
- Spinal fusion: It is a surgical procedure used to correct problems with the small bones in the spine (vertebrae). It is essentially a “welding” process. Also known as spondylodesis, this is an orthopedic surgical technique wherein two or more vertebrae are connected. This procedure is performed at any level in the spine and prevents any movement between the fused vertebrae.
- Stem Cell Treatment: Stem cells or their derivatives promote the repair of the infected area or help increase the response of diseased or injured tissue. Stem cells are the body’s raw materials-cells from which all other cells with specific functions are generated.
Sports Injury Treatment
Sports injuries are injuries that happen while playing sports or during heavy exercises. These injuries can occur due to a lot of reasons such as overtraining, lack of conditioning, and improper form or technique. Orthopedic sports injuries treatment is given at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. The treatments given include:
- Limb and spine deformities (such as clubfoot, scoliosis)
- Gait abnormalities (limping)
- Bone and joint infections
- Sprains and strains
- Ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Cartilage injuries
Orthopaedic diseases and conditions
Shoulder & Elbow
- Compartment Syndrome
- Elbow (Olecranon) Bursitis
- Erb’s Palsy
- Frozen Shoulder
- Chronic Elbow Instability
- Shoulder Impingement/Rotator Cuff Tendinitis
- Tendonitis of the Long Head of the Biceps
- Tennis Elbow
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at the Elbow (Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Broken collarbone
Knee & Lower Leg
Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disease
Hand & Wrist
Neck & Back
- Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis
- Back Pain in Children
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Cervical Radiculopathy (Pinched Nerve)
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy (Spinal Cord Compression)
- Congenital Muscular Torticollis (Twisted Neck)
- Congenital Scoliosis
- Kyphosis (Roundback) of the Spine
- Low Back Pain
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Deformity in Children with Myelomeningocele
Foot & Ankle
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Adult (Acquired) Flatfoot
- Claw Toe
- Diabetic (Charcot) Foot
- Flexible Flatfoot in Children
- Hammer Toe
- Heel Pain
- Ingrown Toenail
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis and Bone Spurs
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Stiff Big Toe (Hallux Rigidus)
- Vertical Talus
What is the main cause of osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is the result of an imbalance between new bone formation and old bone resorption. It means that the body may either fail to form enough new bone, or too much of the old bones are reabsorbed, or both processes occur at the same time.
What is the reason for foot pain?
Reasons for foot pain could be anything. There may be nerve damage in the feet, clogged or hardened arteries in the legs, foot or sores. Other potential causes include corns, calluses, bunions, warts, ingrown toenail, hammertoes, athlete’s foot, and many more. If the pain is severe, it must be identified and treated to avoid potential complications. Yashoda Hospitals’ joint pain treatments are well designed to identify the cause and treat foot and other joint pains.
What are some of the causes of arthritis?
The causes of arthritis depend on the type or form of arthritis. Possible causes include:
- Immune system dysfunction that leads to RA and SLE
- Infections – causing arthritis of Lyme disease
- Injuries lead to degenerative arthritis
- Abnormal metabolism lead to gout and pseudogout
- Osteoarthritis is most commonly inherited
We, at Yashoda Hospitals, provide patients with arthritis with the best treatment and care.
Does an orthopedic treat sports injuries?
Yes, orthopedics do treat sports injuries, but not all doctors have enough expertise or experience of doing it. For a sports person, quick and complete recovery from a sports injury is extremely important. Therefore, choosing a good orthopedic doctor is very important. Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad has advanced surgical and treatment technologies which include robotic surgical procedures to help doctors perform precise and quick surgeries. The doctors here that handle sports injury treatments are highly knowledgeable and are experts in the field.
Patient Testimonials For Orthopaedics
Namususwa Lydia from Uganda came to India with a complaint of a shoulder
“For the past 5 years, my mother-in-law was suffering from severe #back pain
I met with a road accident causing multiligament fracture and instability. I
Ms. C. H. Ramya was suffering with hip joint problem from past two years, lack
Health Blogs for Orthopaedics
Hip joint preservation – What is it and why?
Dec 12, 2019 12:57
The total joint replacement technology has limitations like the need for revision surgery and wearing of the implant thereby affecting lifestyle activities in younger age groups. Thus, preservation of the natural joints for as long as possible is desirable.
Frozen Shoulder – What is it and how can it be released?
Nov 16, 2019 12:00
Frozen shoulder is a condition in which the shoulder joint becomes painful and stiff. In a majority of patients there no particular cause that can be identified
Is stunting in the elderly related to osteoporosis?
Sep 06, 2019 17:49
Losing some height, especially after the age of 40, is normal due to loss of muscle mass. However, a significant height loss can signal osteoporosis, that people over the age of 50 should be aware of.
Arthroscopic reconstructive surgeries for sports injuries
May 31, 2019 16:04
Arthroscopic surgery is one of the greatest advances in modern orthopedic surgery. It offers an individual a cost-effective and minimally invasive alternative to conventional open approach surgery.
Shoulder Replacement Surgery (Arthroplasty)
Apr 05, 2019 17:12
Shoulder replacement surgery or shoulder arthroplasty is a surgical technique to replace the damaged ends of the bones of the shoulder joint that are causing pain and discomfort as well as restricting motion of the shoulder joint.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury – Role of Arthroscopy
Mar 26, 2019 11:51
An ACL injury is a sprain or tear of the anterior cruciate ligament which is a most commonly seen sports injury in athletes and sportsperson involved in tennis, basketball, football etc.
Why does the femoral head lose its blood supply?
Mar 15, 2019 18:30
A lack of blood supply to the tissue within the bone leads to its death, a condition called as avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis. It can sometimes lead to tiny breaks within the structure of the bone which is responsible for its eventual collapse.
మోకాలు కీలు మార్పిడి చేయించుకుంటే ప్రమాదమా?
Feb 27, 2019 17:01
కీలుమార్పిడి ఓ క్లిష్టమైన శస్త్రచికిత్స. ఇందుకోసం సరైన సర్జన్, సరైన ఆస్పత్రి ఎంపిక మీ జీవితంపైన చాలా ప్రభావం చూపుతుంది. విజయవంతంగా కీళ్లమార్పిడి ఆపరేషన్లను తరచూ నిర్వహించిన అనుభవం గల నిపుణులు ఉండి, పెద్ద సంఖ్యలో నిర్వహించే అత్యాధునిక వైద్యసదుపాయాలు గల ఆస్పత్రిని ఎంపికచేసుకోండి.
Arthritis and diabetes may go hand in hand
Dec 10, 2018 18:45
The importance of this data is to understand that arthritis-specific barriers to physical activity can be one of the causes for diabetes, explains Dr. Krishna Subramanyam, senior orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon at Yashoda Hospitals.
Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC), a regenerative therapy for bone and joint injuries
Oct 16, 2018 10:57
The regenerative stem cells from the person's bone marrow are tapped to prepare a concentrate which is then used in treating bone and joint injuries. Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC) thus formed is injected into the site of injury in a simple day-care procedure under local anesthesia. This treatment is used for pain in the knees, hip, elbows, wrist, ankle, foot and even spine.
What is a sacroiliac joint injection?
Jul 24, 2017 22:22
A Sacroiliac Joint Injection is designed to treat pain and inflammation in the Sacroiliac Joint. What is sacroiliac joint pain? The Sacroiliac Joint is the connects the spine to the hip bones. There are two sacroiliac joints in the body, one on each side of the sacrum connected by strong ligaments. In humans, they help transfer […]
Aug 08, 2016 10:45
Selfie elbow is an overuse injury; only conscious efforts to take pressure off the elbow may be of help. Sonal, Akhil, Varun and Lalitha have two things in common, their obsession for taking selfie photos, and their suffering from painful elbows. What is now increasingly seen in young and old who take selfie photos with […]
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that silently progresses with ageing
May 16, 2016 04:08
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs more in women and lesser in men who are over 50 years of age. Osteoporosis is described as a ‘silent disease’ as the condition has no symptoms. It is only after the bone fracture that the pain is evident. The bone fractures may be of the wrist, hip, […]
High Flexion Knee Replacement for more flexibility
Nov 09, 2015 05:37
Patients suffering from osteoarthritis will find relief in the latest high flexion knee replacement, which allows for active lifestyle and resumption of deep knee bending activities. However, this knee replacement surgery is successful only when there is early diagnosis, preoperative flexibility and the right physical therapy. The Flex Fixed Knee replacement allows for flexibility of […]
Tennis Elbow – Prompt diagnosis can have a huge impact on the prognosis
Mar 13, 2015 06:17
Tennis elbow, also referred to as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition wherein pain occurs while overusing the muscles in your elbow.
Compartment Syndrome can be acute (severe injury) or chronic (athletic exertion).
Mar 13, 2015 06:04
Compartment Syndrome is a condition wherein pressure builds up inside the human body in any of its enclosed spaces. This condition may arise due to swelling or bleeding post an injury. Frequently, it occurs in spaces in the leg or arm. Compartment syndrome may be acute or chronic. In India, abdominal compartment syndrome occurs in […]