Hamstring Muscle Strain
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
Hamstring muscle strain also called pulled hamstring strain is a condition that occurs when one or more muscles are stretched too much and begin to tear. They are usually mild and have a short recovery period.
What is Hamstring Muscle Strain?
A hamstring injury is a condition in which the tendons or larger muscles present at the back of the thigh are strained too much and get torn. It is most common in athletes with varying severities.
What are the causes of Hamstring Muscle Strain?
The main underlying causes of this condition are:
- Muscle overload
- Poor running mechanics
- Improper warm-up before the activity
- Inappropriate training loads to the athlete
- Sudden movements such as jumping, sprinting
- Hamstring Muscle Strain. Kids Health. Available at: https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/hamstring-strain.html Accessed on June 17, 2020.
- Hamstring Muscle Strain. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/hamstring-strain Accessed on June 17, 2020.
- Hamstring Muscle Strain. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/hamstring-tear Accessed on June 17, 2020.
- Hamstring Muscle Strain. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hamstring-injury/symptoms-causes/syc-20372985 Accessed on June 17, 2020.