De Quervain Tenosynovitis
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
It is a painful condition that affects the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist. Repetitive movements of the hand or wrist such as turning or grasping something make it worse and increase the pain and tenderness associated with this condition.
De Quervain Tenosynovitis Causes
Even though the exact cause of this condition is unknown, it is mostly observed in individuals involved in activities such as gardening, playing golf, etc or other related activities affecting the wrist. Some of the other major causes of this condition are:
- A job that involves repetitive hand and wrist motions
- Injured wrist
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- De Quervain Tenosynovitis. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/de-quervains-tenosynovitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371332 Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- De Quervain Tenosynovitis. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/de-quervains-tenosynovitis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20371337 Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- De Quervain Tenosynovitis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/guide/de-quervains-disease Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- De Quervain Tenosynovitis. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/de-quervains-tendinosis/ Accessed on June 13, 2020.