Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which one of the major nerves of the hand i.e. median nerve is compressed and squeezed as it travels through the wrist. It causes numbness, pain, tingling sensation in the arm and hand.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Causes
This condition is caused due to certain causes such as:
- Repetitive hand use
- Hand and wrist position
- Preexisting Health conditions
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/carpal-tunnel/carpal-tunnel-syndrome Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. OrthoInfo. Available at:https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/ Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Cleveland. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/4005-carpal-tunnel-syndrome Accessed on June 13, 2020.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Mayo Clinic Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20355603 Accessed on June 13, 2020.