Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Hammer Toes?
It is a deformity of either the second, third or fourth toe. In this condition, usually, the toe is bent at the middle joint in a way that it resembles a hammer. Initially, they are flexible and can be corrected using easy methods. However, if left untreated, that can become permanent and may need a surgery to fix.
What are the causes of Hammer Toes?
Following are some of the reasons that cause hammer toes:
- High heels
- Abnormal balance of toe muscle
- Hammer Toes. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/hammer-toe Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Hammer Toes. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hammertoe-and-mallet-toe/symptoms-causes/syc-20350839 Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Hammer Toes. Medicine Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/image-collection/hammertoes_picture/picture.htm Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Hammer Toes. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/understanding-hammertoes-basics Accessed on June 25th, 2020.
- Hammer Toes. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17038-hammertoes Accessed on June 25th, 2020.