Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Ingrown Toenail?
It is a condition that occurs when the corner or side of a toenail grows into the soft flesh. One sets the stage for an ingrown toenail when they cut the toenails too short, particularly on the sides of the big toes.
What are the causes of Ingrown Toenail?
Listed below are the most common causes of ingrown toenail:
- Improper shoes
- Cutting the toenails too short
- Injuring the toenail
- Having unusually curved toenails
You may also interested in reading
- Ingrown Toenail. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/ingrown-toenail Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ingrown-toenails/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20355908 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. NHS. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ingrown-toenail/ Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-ingrown-nail-basics Accessed on June 15th, 2020.