Department of Pediatrics, Yashoda Children’s Hospitals, Hyderabad
Pediatrics is a healthcare specialty, which deals with the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents suffering from different diseases.
Care for children in health and sickness is an integral part of any hospital. Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad has an established department for pediatric patients and we strive to provide quality healthcare with tender care to the children suffering from illnesses. With multiple years of expertise in treating pediatric diseases, we have become one of the best pediatric hospitals in Hyderabad for pediatric treatment and management.
We focus on providing high-quality care centered around the needs and requirements of children suffering from a disease.
At Yashoda Hospitals, the Center for Pediatrics offers a rainbow of services and comprehensive care for children from birth to the age of 18 years. We provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care, health promotion, and prevention programs for children as well as adolescents.
Our specialists Possessing a rainbow of skills with immense experience in all sub-disciplines of pediatric medicine. We continuously offer state-of-the-art pediatric care in the form of open communication, emotional support, and education to all patients and their families on ways to manage the clinical problems related to children.
The center provides both inpatient and outpatient services to the patients. The outpatient services manage a wide range of pediatric medical problems along with diagnosis and management of behavioral and developmental conditions such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder, development issues, and children having multiple problems who require ongoing care for chronic conditions.
The consultant pediatricians in the department discuss the condition thoroughly with the parents after which they plan a personalized treatment depending on the child’s comfort. We take a lot of care in providing child-centric service to the patients. The pediatric ward is well furnished with the latest technologies and promotes the overall development of the child. This comprehensive approach towards treatment has made us the top children’s hospital in Hyderabad.
Various services provided by the department of pediatrics include:
- Neonatology: It is a subspecialty of pediatrics that offers care for newborns, especially the ill or premature newborns.
- Allergy And Immunology: It relates to the management and treatment of diseases of the immune system in the pediatric population. It includes diseases such as allergic conjunctivitis, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, asthma, pneumonia, eosinophilic esophagitis or gastroenteritis, atopic dermatitis, contact dermatitis, acute and chronic urticaria, angioedema, severe combined immune deficiency syndromes, antibody deficiencies, complement deficiency, phagocytic cell abnormalities, etc.
- Emergency Medicine For Pediatrics: It refers to the care of children with acute illnesses or injuries that require immediate medical attention.
- Endocrinology: It is a branch of medicine that deals with the management and treatment of diseases of the endocrine system i.e. diseases of the thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, and pancreas. The diseases include Graves’ disease, acromegaly, juvenile diabetes, adrenal insufficiency, cystic fibrosis, hyperthyroidism, etc.
- Cardiology: It relates to the treatment of diseases of the heart such as congenital mitral stenosis, aortopulmonary septal defect, bicuspid aortic valve, etc.
- Critical Care: It is a department to take care of critically ill infants, children, and teenagers.
- Dermatology: It deals with the diseases of the skin such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, vitiligo, hives, dermatitis, etc.
- Nephrology: It deals with the diseases of the kidney and urinary tract such as kidney failure, high blood pressure, kidney stones, abnormalities in the urine, etc.
- Psychiatry: It deals with the behavioral and developmental concerns in children such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), Tourette syndrome, oppositional defiant disorder, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Pulmonology: It deals with the breathing problems experienced by the pediatric population such as apnea, asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, congenital lung abnormalities, etc.
- Rheumatology: It deals with the rheumatic diseases in pediatrics such as juvenile-onset systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, etc.
- Neurology: It deals with the diseases of the nervous system i.e brain, spine, nerves, or muscles such as congenital defects of the brain or spinal cord, tumors, hydrocephalus, vascular anomalies, epilepsy, etc.
- Oncology: It deals with the various types of cancers in the pediatric population such as leukemia, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, histiocytosis, retinoblastoma, sarcoma, etc.
- Gastroenterology: It deals with the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and pancreas in children such as celiac disease, colitis, constipation, Crohn’s disease, esophagitis, etc.
- Hematology: It deals with diseases of the blood such as anemia, sickle cell disease, thalassemia, spherocytosis, etc.
- Infectious Diseases: It deals with diseases such as meningitis, flu, Lyme disease, measles, chickenpox, herpes simplex, osteomyelitis, whooping cough, etc.
- Ophthalmology: It deals with the diseases of the eye in children such as cellulitis of the eye, lazy eye, pink eye, astigmatism, myopia, hypermetropia, crossed eyes, etc.
Yashoda Hospitals also has expertise in the following areas:
- Screening Of Newborns
- Special Care & Neonatal Intensive Care
- Pediatric Emergency Transport Service
- Preoperative & Postoperative Care
Technology & Facilities
- A Special Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit With Ventilators
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Along With Neonatal Ventilators
Why is Yashoda Hospitals Pediatric Department considered the best?
Dealing with medical care for infants requires doctors to possess a rainbow of skills to ensure all the healthcare requirements are addressed. With multiple years of expertise in treating pediatric diseases, Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad has strived to provide quality healthcare and thus becoming the best pediatric hospitals in Hyderabad for pediatric treatment and management.
At Yashoda Hospitals, the Center for Pediatrics offers a rainbow of services that are comprehensive as well as top-notch. We provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care, health promotion, and prevention programs for children as well as adolescents.
Which are the best hospitals for pediatric gastroenterology in Hyderabad?
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of pediatric gastroenterology. We have advanced services such as a special pediatrics intensive care unit, etc.
Which is the best hospital for pediatric oncology in Hyderabad?
Yashoda Hospitals is renowned as one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad due to our expert team of doctors and state-of-the-art facilities such as special pediatric ICU, NICU, etc.
Which is the best children’s hospital in Hyderabad?
Yashoda Hospitals is the best children’s hospital in Hyderabad with various sub-specialty services.
When should one see a pediatric allergist?
If a child is suffering from chronic infections and allergies such as sinus infections, nasal decongestion, then it is recommended to see a pediatric allergist.
Is childhood asthma treatable?
Even though there is no permanent treatment for asthma, childhood asthma can be controlled with appropriate treatment and management.
Health Blogs for Pediatrics
Is your child experiencing joint pain? Might be a symptom of Pediatric Gout
Sep 05, 2022 16:44
Sugary foods now dominate supermarket shelves and racks, attracting the attention of adolescents. However, as a parent, you may limit your children's intake of candies, ice cream, and processed snacks due to the variety of disorders they can cause, one of which is paediatric gout.
వర్షాకాలంలోచిన్నపిల్లల సంరక్షణకు తీసుకోవలసిన జాగ్రత్త చర్యలు
Jul 13, 2022 12:44
వర్షాకాలంలో ప్రకృతి ఎంతో ఆహ్లాదంగా ఉంటుంది , మరియు వర్షాకాలాన్ని మనం ఎంతో ఆస్వాదిస్తాము , అది కొన్ని సవాళ్లను కూడా తీసుకు వస్తుంది. ప్రత్యేకించి మీ ఇంట్లో చిన్న పిల్లలు ఉన్నప్పుడు చాలా జాగ్రతలు తీసుకోవాలి.
డైపర్ రాష్: కారణాలు, రకములు , నివారణ మరియు చికిత్స
Feb 09, 2022 13:23
శిశువులు మరియు పసిపిల్లలు ఎదుర్కొంటున్న అత్యంత సాధారణ చర్మ సమస్యల్లో డయాపర్ రాష్ ఒకటి. ఇది సంవత్సరంలో ఏ సమయంలోనైనా సంభవించవచ్చు, ఇది సాధారణంగా monsoon సీజన్ లో సంభవిస్తుంది.
మీ పిల్లలు అసాధారణ ప్రతిభ చదవటంలో చూపిస్తున్నారా? ఇది హైపర్ లెక్సియా లక్షణమా? హైపర్ లెక్సియా-కారణాలు, లక్షణాలు, చికిత్స
Dec 09, 2021 18:09
పిల్లలు ముందస్తుగా మరియు ఆశ్చర్యకరంగా వారి ఆశించిన సామర్థ్యానికి మించి చదవడం ప్రారంభించినప్పుడు అసాధారణ ప్రతిభ చూపించినపుడు దానిని హైపర్ లెక్సియా అని అంటారు. ఇది తరచుగా అక్షరాలు మరియు సంఖ్యలపై అబ్సెసివ్ ఆసక్తితో కూడి ఉంటుంది, ఇది శిశువుగాఉన్నపుడే అభివృద్ధి చెందుతుంది.
How to Prevent Pneumonia in Children?
Nov 11, 2021 17:47
Pneumonia is preventable and treatable, yet it remains the leading infectious cause of mortality and morbidity in children under the age of 5 years. It has been referred to as “The Forgotten killer of children" by UNICEF because historically it has received little attention that it deserves.
Online Classes Affecting Health of School Kids
Sep 06, 2021 12:43
The Covid pandemic has changed everything in the world and it has forced every child to miss the most important part in their lives i.e. School. Teachers teaching in a classroom filled with students has become a distant reality. Every kid is stuck with the new reality of remote learning ‘Online classes’.
Diaper Rash – Causes, Types, Prevention and Treatment
Sep 06, 2021 12:12
Diaper rash is one of the most common skin problems faced by infants and toddlers. While it can occur any time of the year, it most commonly occurs in the Monsoon season. The damp weather and increased occurrence of various infections like Diarrhea create a conducive environment for its occurrence.
Is Your Child Showing Exceptional Reading Abilities? It Could Be Hyperlexia
Aug 27, 2021 11:39
When a child starts reading early and surprisingly beyond their expected ability it is called Hyperlexia. This is often accompanied by an obsessive interest in letters and numbers, which tends to develop as an infant.
Congenital Pneumonia In Newborns: Causes, Prevention And Treatment
Aug 25, 2021 18:58
Congenital pneumonia is mostly caused by bacterial pathogens associated with early onset sepsis. The maternal history should be reviewed carefully as it is important to identify the maternal risk factors associated with congenital pneumonia and for other pathogens.
How to treat Biliary atresia, a rare digestive disease in infants?
Jul 12, 2019 18:39
Biliary Artesia is a digestive disease that occurs in infants mostly after 2 to 8 weeks after birth. Surgery helps the baby to lead a normal life. However, roughly 85% of children require liver transplantation before they reach the age of 20 years.
Hydrocephalus, a most common reason for brain surgery in kids
Jun 28, 2019 16:32
Hydrocephalus is a condition characterized by increased pressure inside the brain due to excess accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid. The accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid may be due to obstruction, poor absorption in the blood vessels
Jul 14, 2017 17:57
Scarlet fever is caused by the same bacteria as Strep Throat and is characterized by a bright red rash Scarlet Fever is a childhood illness caused by a bacterial infection. Although it is rather rare in recent times, it is serious and can often be caused by the same bacteria as strep throat. With better […]
Hirchsprung’s Disease at a glance
Jul 10, 2017 18:25
Hirschsprung’s Disease is a condition that effects the large intestine, causing problems during bowel movements. Hirschsprung’s Disease is when babies or children are unable to empty out their bowels at all. This condition occurs when there is a birth defect where due to missing or incorrectly formed nerve cells in the colon or the intestine, […]