Yashoda Cancer Institute has grown to become one of the Center of Excellence in India. With three dedicated, and independent units (Somajiguda, Secunderabad & Malakpet), Yashoda Cancer Institute caters to more than 16,000 new cancer patients every year from all over India and neighbouring countries.
Multidisciplinary Approach: The strength of the Cancer Institute lies in our ability to offer all treatment modalities under one roof. Patients are seen and evaluated in multimodality clinics such as Head and Neck, Breast and Gynecology by a team of specialists in each malignancy. Treatment decisions are then made in multidisciplinary tumour boards where these specialists sit together and discuss the plan of treatment. The emphasis is on combining all modalities of treatment in the right combination to achieve the best results, while minimizing the side effects. The main focus is on organ conservation surgery to improve quality of life without affecting the chances of cure.
The Institutes have brought in latest technologies and performed advanced procedures.
Treated World’s largest number (10000) of cancer patients with RapidArc Technology
First to introduce the Triple F Radiosurgery (C-Series Linear Accelerator)
First in India to implement 4D gated RapidArc for the treatment of moving tumors
- First in world to use RapidArc based Stereotactic Radio-surgery in the treatment of Arteriovenous Malfunction
- First in India to implement 4D gated RapidArc for the treatment of moving tumors
- Over 25 publications on Physics & clinical applications of RapidArc technology in leading American & European Journals
- Being pioneers in implementing advanced technology, Yashoda International Radiation services had been started in 2010 & successfully imparted technology transfer to countries like Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia & Russia
- Involved in clinical research collaboration with leading cancer institutes like IOSL (Switzerland), VU medical University (Amsterdam) and with leading manufacturers like Varian Medical Systems (Palo Alto, USA), and IBA Dosimetry Germany for developing newer techniques for High Precision Radiation treatment
- Exclusive High Dose True Beams are available to eradicate cranial/extra cranial tumors using 4-Dimensional image guided gated RapidArc based SRS/ SBRT
- ARIA-11 Higher 64-Bit operations system Platform upgrade for a paperless Oncology Department – Green Department
- As a part of research collaboration with Varian Medical System we are involved in developing Auto contouring smart segmentation software for delineating Target Volume & Critical structures