Top 5 Liver Transplant Surgery Doctors in Hyderabad
Dr. K Venugopal
MS, FRCS (Edinburgh), FIAGES
Sr Consultant - HPB Surgery & Liver Transplantation
- Deceased ( Cadaver ) and Living Donor Transplant Surgery, Adult and Pediatric Liver Transplants
- Acute, Chronic and Metabolic Liver Diseases and Liver Cancers
- Complex HPB surgeries for Liver, Gallbladder, Bile-duct and Pancreatic ( including vascular resect
- Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
Dr. Balbir Singh
MBBS, MS, FAIS, FICS, FIAGES
Sr Consultant - Liver Transplantation, HPB Surgery & Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Cadaveric and Living related Liver Transplant (Adult & Paediatric) for various liver diseases
- Complex HPB Surgery (Liver resections for cancer & benign diseases)
- Gallblader, Bile Duct & Pancreatic surgery for benign diseases & cancers
Dr. Prashant Shinde
MD (Paed), DNB (Gastro)
Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
- He has been part of a team which has successfully completed more than 700 liver transplants includin
- He has been predominantly dealing with paediatric haepatology outpatient, inpatient, pre-transplant
Liver specialists in Hyderabad
The department of liver transplant has a team of renowned liver transplant surgeons who are highly qualified and have extensive experience and expertise in handling liver transplant surgeries in both adults and pediatrics. They are supported by cutting-edge infrastructure and equipment to ensure superior results. The team of surgeons practice the most advanced techniques to help deliver the best clinical outcomes. The hospital also has an exclusive liver transplant ICU wing to manage acute and chronic liver failure cases and also provide excellent medical care for pre liver transplant and post liver transplant management. Yashoda Institute of Liver Transplant has best liver transplant specialists and liver transplant surgeons. Our team of best liver transplant specialists in Hyderabad work tirelessly to provide worldclass care to the patients. A liver transplant is a surgery to replace a deceased liver with a healthy liver from another person. A whole liver may be transplanted or just part of one. In most cases the healthy liver will come from an organ donor who is brain dead. The liver is the only organ in the body that can replace lost or injured tissue.
Our team of Liver Transplant specialists has vast experience in Laparoscopic surgeries including pancreatic and hepatobiliary surgery as well as performing advanced laparoscopic surgeries.
Surgical treatment of advanced HCC, cholangiocarcinoma and extended liver resections including segmental, caudate lobe and central hepatectomies, developing laparoscopic HPB surgery including liver resection, laparoscopic and minimal invasive donor hepatectomy program and cost cutting in tansplant. Our liver transplant specialilists are also trained in living donor including dual-lobe, domino, swap and ABO-incompatible liver transplantation and combined liver-kidney transplantation.
FAQs on Liver Transplant Surgery
1. What is the success rate of Liver Transplant?
The success rate of a Liver Transplantation is 75% to 89%.
2. What are the advantages of a liver transplant?
Liver transplant advantages are:
- Saves the lives of people with end-stage liver disease
- Reduce the risk of liver disease getting worse
- Helps to cure Wilson’s disease
- Helps to improve the quality of life for individuals with chronic liver diseases
3. Is it possible for a person with liver cancer to undergo a liver transplant?
Yes, Liver Transplant is possible for liver cancer if the cancer has not spread to other surrounding tissues and blood vessels.
4. Does liver transplant cure cirrhosis?
Yes, a successful liver transplant will cure cirrhosis. A liver transplant is considered when complications of cirrhosis cannot be controlled by treatment.
5. Does liver transplant cure Wilson’s disease?
Liver transplantation can cure Wilson’s disease in patients with acute liver failure. If untreated, Wilson’s disease may increase the damage to the liver and brain.
6. How dangerous is a Liver Transplant for the donor?
Living donor transplant is a more complex surgery. Some complications a live donor may face are bile leakage, infections, bleeding, etc.
7. Is liver transplant considered as a major surgery?
Yes , liver transplantation is a major surgery as it involves transplanting the liver to the patient from the donor.
8. Is Liver Transplant permanent?
The liver transplant (hepatic transplant) may or may not be permanent depending upon the health condition of the patient. The individual may again develop the liver disease and can damage the transplanted liver too. Abstinence from alcohol and contact sports is important to prevent any damage to transplanted liver.
9. Is Liver Transplant painful?
During the surgery, you will not feel any pain as you will be sedated with anesthesia. But, after the Liver Transplant surgery, there is a mild to moderate pain and however it is generally not as severe as with other abdominal surgeries.