Advanced Neonatal Care and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Hyderabad
The department is technologically advanced:
- Special Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit With Ventilators
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Along With Neonatal Ventilators
We take pride in offering you the best pediatric intensive care unit in Hyderabad.
Some of the diagnostic assessments we carry out are using the following equipment:
- 16-slice CT Scanner: CT scanner machines are differentiated on the basis of the number of slices they have. This advanced CT scanner has 16 slices which means that it is capable of taking 16 images per gantry rotation.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanner: It is an advanced scanner that produces a very strong magnetic field to obtain images for an MRI examination.
- X-ray System: An X-ray imaging system consists of a generator control where the operator can select the desired settings to obtain a quality image that is readable.
The advanced facilities at Yashoda Hospitals include:
- Management Of Newborns: Newborns suffering from conditions such as the absence of anal opening, food and windpipe disease, spinal cord defects, etc. Additionally, we are one of the hospitals to offer advanced neonatal care in Hyderabad.
- Management Of Conditions: Including hernia, hydrocele, phimosis, undescended testis in older children.
- Management Of Complicated Problems: Including intestinal obstruction, bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, Hirschsprung’s disease, etc.
The department also has expertise in:
- Screening Of Newborns
- Intensive And Special Care Of Newborns
- Emergency Services
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pre and Post-operative Of Pediatrics
We also have various different types of ICUs in the department to provide overall care:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU)
Yashoda Hospitals has become one of the most advanced pediatric surgery hospitals in Hyderabad.
Why is it important for a child to see a pediatrician?
It is important for the child to see a pediatrician so as to manage health and development better, for immunizations, diagnosis, and treatment of acute or chronic illnesses, etc.
How often should a child see a pediatrician?
After the first year, healthy children can resort to consulting the pediatrician only one to two times a year to ensure proper growth and development in the absence of any acute or chronic illnesses.
Should an expecting mother consult a pediatrician before the baby is born?
Yes, in fact, it is strongly advised that to-be parents meet the pediatrician before the baby’s birth. This helps them get acquainted with the team and get answers to whatever questions the parents may be having.
What is the treatment for biliary atresia?
The preferred method for treating biliary atresia is a surgery known as the Kasai procedure. In this surgery, the surgeons remove the damaged and diseased bile ducts out of the liver and re-establish the flow of bile by connecting the liver to the intestine directly.
How is juvenile fibromyalgia treated?
The pain and fatigue associated with this condition are treated using a combination of drugs depending on the patient’s exact experience. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is also a technique that may be used for the treatment of this condition. The patient is also recommended to make certain lifestyle modifications such as reduce stress-causing conditions, getting an adequate amount of sleep, exercising regularly, and eating healthy food.
Health Blogs for Pediatrics
How to treat Biliary atresia, a rare digestive disease in infants?
Jul 12, 2019 18:39
Biliary Artesia is a digestive disease that occurs in infants mostly after 2 to 8 weeks after birth. Surgery helps the baby to lead a normal life. However, roughly 85% of children require liver transplantation before they reach the age of 20 years.
Hydrocephalus, a most common reason for brain surgery in kids
Jun 28, 2019 16:32
Hydrocephalus is a condition characterized by increased pressure inside the brain due to excess accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid. The accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid may be due to obstruction, poor absorption in the blood vessels
Jul 14, 2017 17:57
Scarlet fever is caused by the same bacteria as Strep Throat and is characterized by a bright red rash Scarlet Fever is a childhood illness caused by a bacterial infection. Although it is rather rare in recent times, it is serious and can often be caused by the same bacteria as strep throat. With better […]
Hirchsprung’s Disease at a glance
Jul 10, 2017 18:25
Hirschsprung’s Disease is a condition that effects the large intestine, causing problems during bowel movements. Hirschsprung’s Disease is when babies or children are unable to empty out their bowels at all. This condition occurs when there is a birth defect where due to missing or incorrectly formed nerve cells in the colon or the intestine, […]