Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Ingrown Toenail diagnosed?
Diagnostic measures to check ingrown toenails’ condition and complications include:
- Physical examination
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we have a well-experienced team of surgeons who are specialized in treating all kinds of orthopedic disorders. We also have the most advanced technologies to give accurate diagnostics results that enable us to provide our patients with the best treatment. This is what makes us one of the top centers in India.
How is Ingrown Toenail prevented?
One can follow the below mentioned precautionary measures to prevent themselves from being affected by the condition:
- Trim the toenails straight across
- Keep toenails at a moderate length
- Wear shoes that fit properly
- Wear protective footwear
What is the treatment for Ingrown Toenail?
These are a few of the most common treatment measures used to cure ingrown toenail:
- Lifting The Nail: If the nail infects the bone or if there is excessive pain and inflammation, the doctor may recommend lifting the nail via a surgical method.
- Apply Antibiotic Cream: Applying antibiotic cream may help prevent infections in the bones, which may further prevent serious complications.
- Take Pain Relievers: Pain killers and other pain-relieving medicines like ibuprofen or acetaminophen may help soothe the pain.
- Soaking Foot: Soaking your feet in warm water for 3-4 times a day helps prevent infections.
- Comfortable Shoes: Wearing comfortable shoes is important as they prevent pain. Wearing sandals and open shoes will always be the recommendation of the doctors as closed and tight shoes increase the chances of pain, swelling, and infections.
Our team of top surgeons and consultants at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad would recommend the best treatment for the patient depending on their condition. With the help of our dedicated and experienced experts, we have treated a lot of patients successfully over the years making us the topmost Group of Hospitals in India.
You may also interested in reading
- Ingrown Toenail. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/ingrown-toenail Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ingrown-toenails/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20355908 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. NHS. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/ingrown-toenail/ Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Ingrown Toenail. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-ingrown-nail-basics Accessed on June 15th, 2020.