Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Shoulder Impingement?
It is a condition wherein the shoulder’s bursa and/or rotator cuff tendons are intermittently trapped and compressed during shoulder elevation movements. It is one of the most common causes of shoulder pain.
What are the causes of Shoulder Impingement?
There are a lot of causes involved with Shoulder Impingement. Some of the often overlooked causes can be:
- Injuries to the shoulder joint
- Sports injury
- Individuals above the age of 50
- Bone spurs
- Overhead Sports involvement
- Shoulder Impingement. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/shoulder-impingement Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement.Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/7079-impingement-syndrome-of-the-shoulder Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/impingement-syndrome Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326991 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.