Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Shoulder Impingement?
Some of the often occurring symptoms of shoulder impingement are as follows:
- Pain or clicking sound in the affected shoulder
- Shoulder pain
- Pain when lying or lifting something
If any of the above symptoms are observed in an individual then they should immediately consult our expert doctors and try to find the root causes of the problem.
What are the risk factors of Shoulder Impingement?
Overusing the shoulder in repeated activities is one of the major risk factors for shoulder impingement such as painting, lifting, swimming, playing tennis, and overhead sports. Other risk factors include bone and joint abnormalities in the individual.
If not treated at the right time, the rotator cuff tendons can start to thin out and tear causing permanent damage to the shoulder.
- Shoulder Impingement. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/shoulder-impingement Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement.Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/7079-impingement-syndrome-of-the-shoulder Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/impingement-syndrome Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326991 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.