Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Shoulder Impingement diagnosed?
In order to detect if an individual is suffering from shoulder impingement, some of our diagnostic facilities are:
We provide the best of the facilities and services to our patients at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad. We try to diagnose as well as cure the patient as early as possible with our advanced technologies which makes us one of the top centers in Hyderabad for shoulder impingement. Our team of multidisciplinary doctors works together to study each case and understand the cause of the problem before starting any treatment.
How is Shoulder Impingement prevented?
Experts have suggested some important tips to prevent the development of shoulder impingement by keeping a few things in mind such as:
- Smart training
- Watch posture
- Keep inflammation under control
- Move correctly
What is the treatment for Shoulder Impingement?
There are two types of treatment strategies that we provide at Yashoda Hospitals. One of these involves non-surgical methods that include braces, medicines, and injections and the other is surgical where different types of surgery are involved. Some of these methods are:
- Home care: Resting and avoiding strenuous exercises is the first step in the treatment.
- Medications: Using NSAIDs to reduce the swelling as well as pain.
- Physical therapy: Practicing gentle exercises to rebuild the strength of the shoulder as well as range-of-motion by focusing on the muscles of the shoulder, arm, and chest.
- Surgery: It is a procedure to widen the space around the rotator cuff to allow free movement of the shoulder.
Our team of doctors at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad studies each individual case and suggests the best possible treatment for their conditions. Our services over the last few years have made us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad. We have been providing our patients with continuous follow-up regarding their treatment and post-surgery conditions so that we together can achieve successful results.
- Shoulder Impingement. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/shoulder-impingement Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement.Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/7079-impingement-syndrome-of-the-shoulder Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/impingement-syndrome Accessed on June 15th, 2020.
- Shoulder Impingement. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326991 Accessed on June 15th, 2020.