Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Chordoma?
Chordoma is a rare condition of cancerous tumors that may occur at any point along the spine from the base of the skull till the tailbone. These tumors grow slowly and gradually extend into the soft tissue as well as bone around them.
This condition is most common in adults between the ages of 40 and 60.
What are the causes of Chordoma?
Some of the major causes that may lead to the development of chordoma in individuals are:
- Genetic defects
- Exposure to certain chemicals for prolonged period
- Neurofibromatosis 2
- Chordoma. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chordoma/cdc-20355401 Accessed on June 24, 2020.
- Chordoma. Hopkins Medicine. Available at: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/chordoma Accessed on June 24, 2020.
- Chordoma. Rare Diseases. Available at: https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/chordoma/ Accessed on June 24, 2020.
- Chordoma. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17916-chordomas Accessed on June 24, 2020.
- Chordoma. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/250902-overview Accessed on June 24, 2020.