Back Pain in Children
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Back Pain in Children?
Back pain in children is a condition of physical discomfort to the child due to pain in the spine or back area.
What are the causes of Back Pain in Children?
Back in time back pain in children was considered to be a serious condition. However, over time it has been understood that it may not always be a worrisome condition.
Some of the causes associated with this condition are:
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Fractures of the vertebrae
- Spondylolysis or Spondylolisthesis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Scoliosis and other congenital disorders
- Slipped disc or Scheuermann’s kyphosis
- Retroperitoneal infections
- Bone or spinal cord tumors
- Back Pain in Children. Ortho Kids. https://orthokids.org/Condition/Back-Pain-in-Children Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Childre. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/limit-kids-screen-time-to-avoid-back-pain/ Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Children. AAFP. Available at: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/1201/p1669.html Accessed on June 27, 2020.