Back Pain in Children
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Back Pain in Children?
The symptoms of back pain in children are:
- Discomfort in the back
- Short fleeting pain
- Severe pain
- Sleepless nights
- Difficulty in playing sports
- Weakness or numbness
- Bowels problem
- Difference in walking pattern
- The back looks twisted or curved
What are the complications of Back Pain in Children?
Even though this condition usually subsides on its own, mostly, but in some cases it may lead to certain complications such as persistent and severe pain or development of a curvature which will not allow the child to carry out daily activities like playing sports, etc.
- Back Pain in Children. Ortho Kids. https://orthokids.org/Condition/Back-Pain-in-Children Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Childre. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/limit-kids-screen-time-to-avoid-back-pain/ Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Children. AAFP. Available at: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/1201/p1669.html Accessed on June 27, 2020.