Back Pain in Children
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Back Pain in Children diagnosed?
The diagnosis of this condition usually begins with the doctor asking questions to the child about the pain, such as the exact area of pain, the period for which the child has been suffering from this condition, and carrying out a physical examination. It is usually followed by the below mentioned assessments:
- CT Scan
- Bone scan: It is the procedure of scanning the bone after injecting a small amount of dye in the vein.
Our orthopedic department is one of the first in the state with 24/7 services and facilities. We are equipped with one of the best facilities and technologies. Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad working round the clock has made us one of the topmost hospitals in Hyderabad.
How is Back Pain in Children prevented?
Back pain in children can usually be prevented by sitting and standing properly, maintaining the posture at all times, avoiding actions that strain the spine excessively, and lifting things properly.
What is the treatment for Back Pain in Children?
Back pain in children is fairly short-lived and usually subsides on its own. However, to decrease the discomfort and pain that the child is suffering from there are certain treatment strategies that are usually employed.
The treatment options are:
- Medication: Use of medications such as paracetamol or ibuprofen to relieve the pain associated with this condition.
- Physical Therapy: Practicing mild exercises regularly suggested by the physical therapist to relieve the pain as well as prevent its relapse.
- Surgery: It is usually recommended for children with severe and prolonged back pain that persists for a continuous period of four to six weeks.
Yashoda Hospitals one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad, India with years of experience in treating back pain in children with the help and support of our multidisciplinary team.
- Back Pain in Children. Ortho Kids. https://orthokids.org/Condition/Back-Pain-in-Children Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Childre. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/limit-kids-screen-time-to-avoid-back-pain/ Accessed on June 27, 2020.
- Back Pain in Children. AAFP. Available at: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2007/1201/p1669.html Accessed on June 27, 2020.