Kyphosis of the Spine
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Kyphosis of the Spine?
Kyphosis of the Spine is a condition in which the spine of the upper back is abnormally curved outwards. This condition is more commonly known as a hunchback, or round back. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is most common during puberty. In most cases, this condition may not present physical symptoms other than an exaggerated disfiguration or excessive rounding of the back.
What are the causes of Kyphosis of the Spine?
Major causes of this condition are:
- Disk degeneration
- Scheuermann’s disease
- Birth defects
- Cancer and cancer treatments
- Kyphosis of the Spine. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/kyphosis/symptoms-causes/syc-20374205 Accessed on June 22, 2020.
- Kyphosis of the Spine. Medicine Net. Available at: https://www.medicinenet.com/kyphosis/article.htm Accessed on June 22, 2020.
- Kyphosis of the Spine. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/kyphosis Accessed on June 22, 2020.
- Kyphosis of the Spine. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324071 Accessed on June 22, 2020