Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Scoliosis diagnosed?
The first step in the diagnosis of this condition is a comprehensive physical examination and analysis of the patient’s medical history. It is then followed by one or more diagnostic procedures such as:
- MRI scan
- CT scan
We provide our patients with the best diagnostics facilities and technologies so that we can treat and cure their scoliosis as smoothly and as early as possible. At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide the best services to our patients and have become one of the top
hospitals in Hyderabad because of that.
How is Scoliosis prevented?
To prevent the development or worsening of this condition in patients, there are a few preventive measures one can take such as:
- Bracing or casting for small periods in case of presence of symptoms of this condition to allow stabilization of the back muscles.
- Get regular exercise to ensure uniform movement of the body.
- Maintain a good posture at all times.
- Maintain a healthy weight and eat nutritious food.
What is the treatment for Scoliosis?
The treatment for this condition is dependent on the type and severity of the disease. Some of the most common treatment strategies are:
- Observation: It is recommended to observe if the condition worsens over time or is stable.
- Medications: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and anti-inflammatory injections are usually administered for relieving the pain that may be associated with this condition.
- Braces: Patients are recommended to wear braces for a specific period to help in slowing or stopping the growth of the curve and prevent any further damage or discomfort to the patient.
- Physical therapy: Mild exercises or massages are recommended to allow healing and to prevent any stress on the spine. They help in strengthening and stabilization of the back muscles.
- Surgery: It is done to correct the curve back to normal. A spinal fusion is most commonly used. It is a technique in which several vertebrae are fused to initiate their growth and healing into a single bone. It is performed by using a combination of
screws, hooks, and rods which hold the spine in place and helps in the prevention of formation of any further curvature.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide the best treatment facilities to people suffering from scoliosis conditions and have helped our patients to recover easily by giving them a combination of treatment strategies to heal. With our patient-centric approach, we have become one of the top hospitals in India.
- Scoliosis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/back-pain/causes-scoliosis#1 Accessed on June 20, 2020.
- Scoliosis. Spine Health. Available at: https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/scoliosis/scoliosis-what-you-need-know Accessed on June 20, 2020.
- Scoliosis. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15837-adult-scoliosis/diagnosis-and-tests Accessed on June 20, 2020.
- Scoliosis. AANS. Available at: https://www.aans.org/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Scoliosis Accessed on June 20, 2020.