Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Bunions?
It is a deformity that forms when the bones that make up the MTP joint are out of alignment. It is addressed by a bony bump that forms on the joint at the base of the big toe. The enlarged joint is often inflamed and painful.
What are the causes of Bunions?
Following are the major causes of bunions:
- Wearing poorly fitting shoes
- Bunions. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/ss/slideshow-about-bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. Health Harvard. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/what-to-do-about-bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. NHS Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bunions/ Accessed on June 20th, 2020.