Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Bunions?
Some of the most common symptoms that indicate the onset of this condition are as follows:
- Bulging bump
- Ongoing pain
- Limited movement
We have the most skilled doctors at Yashoda Hospitals who have several years of experience. They go to the root of the problem and make sure that the patient gets the best and the most efficient treatment. This is, perhaps what makes us one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad.
What are the risk factors of Bunions?
The following are the most common risk factors associated with bunions:
- High Heels: High heels can exert excruciating pressure on the toes as the entire body weight is inclined on them when one wears them. Wearing high heels regularly can lead to many conditions related to the foot and ankle joints, bunion is one of them.
- Ill-Fitting Shoes: Ill-fitting shoes can cause discomfort and may lead to swelling and inflammation that cause bunions.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a type of inflammatory arthritis that can lead to a lot of other complications related to the joints, and bunion is one of them.
- Hereditary: People sometimes inherit feet that are just more likely to develop bunions due to their shape and structure.
What are the complications of Bunions?
There can be a number of complications caused by Bunions, some of the common complications are listed below:
- Bunions. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/ss/slideshow-about-bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. Health Harvard. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/what-to-do-about-bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/bunions Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Bunions. NHS Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bunions/ Accessed on June 20th, 2020.