Stiff Big Toe (Hallux Rigidus)
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Stiff Big Toe diagnosed?
The most common assessments used in the diagnosis of this condition are:
We provide our patients with the top diagnostics facility and technologies so that we can treat and cure their disorder as smoothly and as efficiently as possible. We at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad give the best services to their patients and have become one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad because of our services.
How is Stiff Big Toe prevented?
One can practice the below mentioned preventive measures to avoid the condition and other complications related to it:
- Avoid shoes with pointed toes.
- Low heels
What is the treatment for Stiff Big Toe?
Treatment strategies used in curing Stiff Big Toe are as follows:
- Giving Up High Heels:Wearing high heels puts the entire body weight on the toes adding tremendous pressure on it and causing conditions like Stiff Big Toe. To avoid this, one must give up wearing high heels if it causes discomfort, and start wearing shoes with a wide toe box instead.
- Medication: Painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen help in reducing the pain and inflammation.
- Ice:Applying ice on the affected area several times a day helps reduce the symptoms and pain for a short period of time.
- Surgery: There are various surgical methods used to cure the condition. They depend on the type and severity of the condition.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide the best of treatments with people suffering from Hallux Rigidus and help our patients recover easily by giving them a combination of treatments to heal. With our holistic approach, we have become one of the top hospitals in India.
- Stiff Big Toe Hallux Rigidus. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/stiff-big-toe-hallux-rigidus Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Hallux Rigidu. Foot Health.Available at: https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/hallux-rigidus Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Hallux Rigidus.Cleveland Clinic. Available at:https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/14665-hallux-rigidus Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Hallux Rigidus. Healthline. Availablet at: https://www.healthline.com/health/hallux-rigidus Accessed on June 17th, 2020.