Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Claw Toe?
It is a foot condition in which the toe has an abnormal bend in the middle joint. It is often the result of nerve damage that is caused by diabetes or alcoholism that have the tendency to weaken the muscles of the feet. Claw toe gets bad when it is not addressed and treated, it may even become a permanent deformity if not taken care of at the right time.
What are the causes of Claw Toe?
The most common reasons that may cause claw toe are as follows:
- Muscle imbalance
Our team of doctors make sure that they get to the root of the cause and bring out a treatment strategy that suits the patient the best. They also make sure to educate the patients and their families about the condition, treatment and complications associated with it to make decisions easier for them. Little details like these make us the best hospital in Hyderabad.
- Claw Toe. Ortho Bullets. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/foot-and-ankle/7013/claw-toe Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1232559-overview Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/claw-foot. Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hammertoe-and-mallet-toe/symptoms-causes/syc-20350839 Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Foot Education. Available at: https://footeducation.com/claw-toes/ Accessed on June 20th, 2020.