Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Claw Toe diagnosed?
Diagnostic methods used in identifying the existence of this condition are:
We have a 24-hour diagnosis and treatment center in our foot and ankle department to provide round the clock services. We have become the first in the state to provide the same, making us one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad.
How is Claw Toe prevented?
Here are some preventive measures that may help reduce the risks of claw toe. Practicing these measures may result in reduced chances of complications as well:
- Choose correct shoes
- Stretch the toe
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we have the team of best and the most skilled and experienced doctors that get to the core of the problem and give the patients the best treatment that suits their condition. We also have the top technology and the best pieces of equipment to help our doctors get successful results.
What is the treatment for Claw Toe?
Treatment strategies used in curing the conditions are as follows:
- Right Shoes: Right-sized and comfortable shoes with wide toe boxes and flatter heels help reduce the pain, pressure and chances of severe complications.
- Physical Therapy: Exercising the affected toe helps by stretching the toe joint to a normal position and helps set back the joint in the right position gradually.
- Bracing and Padding: Supports and pads help fix the toe in a normal position.
- Surgery: If nothing works and the patient still feels pain and discomfort, surgery may be performed to set the toe in the right position.
We are one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad with years of experience in treating various orthopedic problems and disorders with the help and support of our multidisciplinary team we provide 360-degree care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in India.
- Claw Toe. Ortho Bullets. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/foot-and-ankle/7013/claw-toe Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Medscape. Available at: https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1232559-overview Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/claw-foot. Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hammertoe-and-mallet-toe/symptoms-causes/syc-20350839 Accessed on June 20th, 2020.
- Claw Toe. Foot Education. Available at: https://footeducation.com/claw-toes/ Accessed on June 20th, 2020.