Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Kienbock’s Disease?
Kienbock’s disease disrupts the blood supply to the lunate. The lunate is one of the eight small carpal bones in the wrist. It is situated at the center-base of the wrist and plays a vital role in wrist movement. It is a rather rare disease and can lead to chronic pain and dysfunction.
What are the causes of Kienbock’s Disease?
There are multiple causes that lead to Kienböck’s disease, including:
- Problems with arterial blood supply
- Blood does not pass properly through the veins
- Abnormal skeletal variations
- Everything You Should Know About Kienbock’s Disease. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/kienbocks-disease Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Kienböck’s Disease. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/kienbocks-disease/ Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Kienböck’s Disease: What you need to know. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/264720 Accessed on June 5, 2020.
“The content of this publication has been developed by a third party content providerwho are clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. The information contained herein is for educational purpose only and we request you to please consult a Registered Medical Practitioner or Doctor before deciding the appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.”