Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Kienbock’s Disease?
Kienbock’s disease disrupts the blood supply to the lunate. The lunate is one of the eight small carpal bones in the wrist. It is situated at the center-base of the wrist and plays a vital role in wrist movement. It is a rather rare disease and can lead to chronic pain and dysfunction.
What are the causes of Kienbock’s Disease?
There are multiple causes that lead to Kienböck’s disease, including:
- Problems with arterial blood supply
- Blood does not pass properly through the veins
- Abnormal skeletal variations
You may also interested in reading
Read More Information
- Everything You Should Know About Kienbock’s Disease. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/kienbocks-disease Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Kienböck’s Disease. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/kienbocks-disease/ Accessed on June 5, 2020.
- Kienböck’s Disease: What you need to know. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/264720 Accessed on June 5, 2020.