Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Hip Arthritis?
Hip arthritis or osteoarthritis is a disease of the joints that affects the hip joint cartilage.
What are the types of Hip Arthritis?
Five major types of arthritis can affect the hip joint. They are:
- Osteoarthritis: A condition wherein the flexible tissue present at the end of bones wears down.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an autoimmune condition that affects the joints throughout the body.
- Ankylosing spondylitis: It is a condition in which the small bones present in the spine fuse over time.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: It is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks the body’s tissues. It is most common in women between the ages of 15-35.
- Psoriatic arthritis: It is a condition that affects people suffering from psoriasis.
What are the causes of Hip Arthritis?
Some of the major underlying causes of this condition are:
- Joint injuries
- Muscle weakness
- Sports and other activities
- Activities that continuously stress the joints
- Poor biomechanics
- Malformed joints
- Genetic conditions
Doctors at Yashoda Hospitals are highly experienced and will help treat problems with the best results making it one of the top centers in India.
- Hip arthritis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/hip-osteoarthritis-degenerative-arthritis-hip Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip Arthiris. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteoarthritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351925 Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. HSS. Available at: https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_hip-arthritis.asp Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. Arthistis Org. Available at: https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/about-arthritis/where-it-hurts/when-hip-pain-may-mean-arthritis Accessed on June 16, 2020.