Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Hip Arthritis?
Symptoms that indicate an individual may be suffering from this condition are:
- Hip joint pain or tenderness in the groin, buttocks
- Sharper pains in the groin
- Ache in the front of the thigh.
- Difficult hip joint movement
- Weak hip muscles
- Hip joint swelling
- Difficulty in walking
- Stiffness and limited range of motion in the hip joint
- The pain subsides with rest and worsens with activity
- Continuous weakness and fatigue
What are the risk factors of Hip Arthritis?
Risk factors that predispose an individual to the development of this condition are:
- Abnormality of the hip joint
- Joint trauma or injury
- Previous history of high-impact activity
- Low birth weight
What are the Complications of Hip Arthritis?
Some complications that may arise due to hip arthritis are:
- Severe injury to the joints
- Severe pain in the joint
- Disruption in the sleep quality
- Reduced productivity
- Increase in weight
- Anxiety and depression
- Bone death
- Bleeding or infection in joints
- Hip arthritis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/hip-osteoarthritis-degenerative-arthritis-hip Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip Arthiris. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteoarthritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351925 Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. HSS. Available at: https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_hip-arthritis.asp Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. Arthistis Org. Available at: https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/about-arthritis/where-it-hurts/when-hip-pain-may-mean-arthritis Accessed on June 16, 2020.