Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Hip Arthritis prevented?
There are preventive measures that one can take such as:
- Daily exercise
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Ensure appropriate rest to the body
- Control blood sugar levels
How is Hip Arthritis diagnosed?
The diagnosis of this condition may involve one or more of the following procedures:
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- MRI scans
- CT scans
Yashoda Hospitals has a 24-hour running diagnostic center that helps patients get an early diagnosis of their diseases and start the treatment quickly. This facility makes Yashoda Hospitals one of the top centers in India.
What is the treatment for Hip Arthritis?
Even though it is not possible to completely cure this condition, certain procedures can help in managing this condition:
- Medication: Non-steroidal, corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory drugs are given to patients to relieve the pain. Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are also sometimes prescribed for the treatment of hip arthritis.
- Assistive Devices: Devices such as canes, walkers and crutches are used to reduce the pressure exerted on the hips.
- Physical therapy and exercises: Physical therapy and exercises are used as a treatment strategy to increase the strength and flexibility of the muscles.
- Total Hip Replacement: Total hip replacement means surgically removing the hip joint with arthritis and replacing it with an artificial joint.
At Yashoda Hospitals, we provide our patients with the best diagnosis and treatment. We are amongst the top centers in Hyderabad to treat Hip Arthritis.
- Hip arthritis. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/hip-osteoarthritis-degenerative-arthritis-hip Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip Arthiris. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteoarthritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20351925 Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. HSS. Available at: https://www.hss.edu/condition-list_hip-arthritis.asp Accessed on June 16, 2020.
- Hip arthritis. Arthistis Org. Available at: https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/about-arthritis/where-it-hurts/when-hip-pain-may-mean-arthritis Accessed on June 16, 2020.