Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What is Broken Collarbone?
The collarbone is located between the ribcage and the shoulder blade and connects the arm to the body.
A broken collarbone also known as clavicle fracture, is a condition wherein there is a break in the collarbone i.e. the bone connecting the breastbone and shoulder.
Infants may sometimes experience a broken collarbone during the birth process. However, this condition may also be common in adults.
It is a very painful condition that can also affect the movement of the arm.
What are the causes of Broken Collarbone?
Major causes of this condition may be:
- Falls directly hitting the shoulder
- Sports injuries such as a direct hit to the shoulder
- Vehicle trauma
- Injury during birth while passing through the birth canal
- Broken Collarbone. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-collarbone/symptoms-causes/syc-20370311 Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/collarbone-fracture Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/broken-collarbone Accessed on June 17th, 2020.