Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Broken Collarbone?
Symptoms of this condition may include one or more of the following:
- Pain usually increases with movement
- Swelling, tenderness, bruising in the affected area
- Bulge near the shoulder
- Grinding or tackling sound when moving the shoulder
- Stiffness or inability to move the shoulder
What are the risk factors of Broken Collarbone?
Risk factors that may predispose an individual to the development of this condition are:
- Females are more prone to developing this condition.
- The collarbone is not properly hardened until the age of 20 making children and teenagers at a higher risk of a broken collarbone.
What are the complications of Broken Collarbone?
Complications that may arise in individuals not getting timely treatment are:
- Nerve or blood vessel injury
- Poor or delayed healing
- A lump in the bone
- Broken Collarbone. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-collarbone/symptoms-causes/syc-20370311 Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/collarbone-fracture Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/broken-collarbone Accessed on June 17th, 2020.