Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Broken Collarbone diagnosed?
Our diagnostic assessments that may be suggested by our experts include one or more of the following:
- CT Scan
We provide our patients with the best diagnosis facilities and technologies so that we can treat and cure their conditions as smoothly and as easily as possible. At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we give the best services to our patients and have become one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad.
How is Broken Collarbone prevented?
To prevent the development of a broken collarbone condition, one may take certain precautions:
- Wearing protective gears while playing sports
- Keeping the bones strong
- Practice regular strength training
- Wear supportive footwear
What is the treatment for Broken Collarbone?
Some of the common treatment strategies for this condition are:
- Home care: Massaging ice to the affected area for a few minutes during the first few days of a broken collarbone is usually recommended.
- Medications: Administering aspirin, ibuprofen etc to relieve pain.
- Physical therapy: It is recommended to begin the movement of shoulders and to minimize the stiffness.
- Surgery: It is recommended when the broken collarbone pierces the skin, or is severely displaced. A surgical procedure usually involves the placement of fixation devices such as plates, screws, or rods to maintain the appropriate position of the bone during healing.
We, at Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad provide the best of treatments with people suffering from broken collarbones in extreme conditions like a bad fall or accidents and have helped our patients recover easily by giving them a combination of treatments to heal. With our holistic approach, we have become one of the top hospitals in India.
- Broken Collarbone. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-collarbone/symptoms-causes/syc-20370311 Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/collarbone-fracture Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Broken Collarbone. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/broken-collarbone Accessed on June 17th, 2020.