Gynaecology and Obstetric Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
At Yashoda Hospitals, we follow routine medical screenings and treatments. We offer a wide range of gynaecology treatments based on the patient’s symptoms and age. Our highly skilled gynaecologists will assess your condition and advise the best possible treatment to treat the condition.
Gynaecological surgeries are recommended by gynaecologist when all other treatments fail or when the condition is severe. Gynaecological surgery is performed on any part of the female reproductive system which includes – vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. Some of the common gynaecological operations include hysterectomy, and laparoscopy.
At Yashoda hospital, we are offering key-hole (laparoscopic) surgeries to perform gynecological procedures. The types of laparoscopic surgery offered are:
Laparoscopy Gynecology Treatment in Hyderabad
Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH): It is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus and ovaries through the vagina using laparoscope. It is recommended when gynaecological conditions such as fibroid, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, and overgrowth of any tissue in the uterus lining.
Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH): It is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus and cervix using keyhole surgery.
Laparoscopic Ovarian Cyst Removal: It is a surgical procedure to remove cysts from one or both ovaries.
Advanced Gynecology Treatment in Hyderabad
Diagnostic tests and surgeries
Some of the common diagnostic test performed by a gynaecologist to determine the gynaecological problem are as follows:
Non-surgical procedures for diagnosis and treatment:
- Endometrial biopsy
- Saline hysterography
- IUD Insertion
- Endometrial ablation
- Vulvar biopsy
- Cystoscopy urodynamics
- Cryocautery of the cervix
- Essure – female sterilization
- Laser therapy
- Contraceptive devices and implants
Surgical procedures for diagnosis and treament:
- Hysteroscopic (myosure) fibroid and polyp removal
- Hysterosalpingogram, a day care procedure
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Diagnostic laparoscopy and biopsy
- Myomectomy for fibroid uterus
- Robotic laparoscopic surgery
- Hysterectomies (abdominal laparoscopic and vaginal)
- Dilatation and curettage (D & C)
- Endometrial ablation for heavy bleeding
- Laparoscopic ovarian cyst removal
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic tubal ligations
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgical correction
- Cervical excision including LEEP
Primary and preventative care for women of all ages:
- Annual, physical and breast exams
- Imaging tests as recommended by doctor
- Pap tests
- Contraception and family planning
- Initial (1st trimester only) evaluation
- Sexually transmitted disease prevention
- Female cancer prevention including referrals for mammography and colonoscopy
- Understanding of menopause
- Osteoporosis prevention and bone density scan
- Immunizations, including gardasil HPV vaccine
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation program for a healthy pregnancy
- Safe exercises
- Spine care
- Pain management
- Gestational diabetes
- Exercises for fitness and post-delivery weight loss
- Pain management
- Pelvic floor muscle training for urinary incontinence
What to expect at your first visit
At your first visit to the physical therapist, an evaluation of your current condition is done. This will include questions about your lifestyle, routine and a detailed medical history. At this evaluation, it is recommended that you include all the pertinent information without gaps. Based on this oral assessment, an external or internal physical examination may also be conducted if required.
Pre Participatory Evaluation:
Treatment is based on a comprehensive evaluation and evidence based protocols. Your treatment will depend on the results of your assessment, however some of the treatment options may include:
- Therapeutic modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, superficial heat, cryotherapy / ice packs and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Behavioural techniques
- Transverse abdominus stabilization exercises
- Bladder diary
- Diet education
- Postural education and functional training
- Relaxation techniques
- Manual therapy
- Pilates for core strengthening
- Prenatal & Postnatal exercise (Aerobic, Yoga and Pelvic Floor exercise)
- Labour preparation classes (Lamaze and Cappa)
- Weight loss exercises
- Surface Electromyography (sEMG) & biofeedback
Health Blogs for Gynaecology
Uterine Fibroids : Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors and Treatment
Jan 18, 2022 18:36
Fibroid tumours are noncancerous growths that develop on the uterus' muscular wall. They can be microscopic or large enough to fill the entire abdominal cavity, and there are often several at once.
HPV Vaccines to Prevent Cervical Cancer: All You Need to Know
Aug 27, 2021 11:49
Cervical cancer is mostly associated with human papillomavirus (HPV), an infection that can be transmitted sexually via vaginal or oral or anal exposure and also through the skin to skin contact. Cervical cancer is increasing worldwide and can be reduced just by administering the HPV vaccine.
Gynecological Cancers: Prevent, treat and beat it
May 18, 2020 16:34
All women are at risk for gynecological cancers, and risk increases with age. When gynecologic cancers are found early, treatment is most effective. It is important to know the warning signs, as treatments are most effective when the cancer is found at an early stage.
Menstrual Cramps: When should you visit the gynecologist?
Dec 26, 2019 15:49
Menstrual cramps are normal during the reproductive years. If you have started puberty just now or if you are bleeding heavily or irregularly, spotting between periods, having irregular cycles, having pain at times beside your period, or finding it difficult getting pregnant, you must visit a gynecologist.
Breastfeeding guide for new parents
Aug 07, 2018 16:08
World breastfeeding week is just around. Breastfeeding may seem to be a very simple and natural approach to give your baby all the nutrition. But then there may arise a few situations when you are clueless or feel less confident. With this article, we try to reduce all the breastfeeding issues a new parent may have.
Oct 13, 2016 06:02
A type of pelvic pain experienced by some women during ovulation, when egg is released from ovaries Mittelschmerz is one-sided pain in the lower abdomen region. It occurs in women about 14 days before the next menstrual cycle. In most cases, Mittelschmerz may not require immediate medical attention. Medications for pain relief and home remedies […]
Sep 22, 2016 06:29
Early signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include abdominal pain, lack of menstrual period, and vaginal bleeding Ectopic pregnancy is different from a normal pregnancy. In a normal pregnancy, the fertilized egg moves into the uterus to attach to the lining and continues to grow for the next 9 months. However, in very rare cases, […]
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Sep 04, 2016 00:31
Do you have sudden or severe inflammation of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and pelvic area? Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) affects the female reproductive organs. It is a sexually transmitted bacterium that spreads from the vagina to the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Surprisingly, there are no signs or symptoms to reveal the presence of […]