Pediatric Diseases Treatment Hospital In Hyderabad
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad offers the best services and a team of highly skilled pediatricians to deliver the most comprehensive healthcare for children.
The various diseases treated by the department are:
- Bed-wetting: In children below the ages of 7, bed-wetting is only a developmental stage, but if it persists beyond 7 years of age, the child needs treatment. If untreated, it goes on for years. If a child has a family history of bed-wetting by the parents when they were children, then he/she is at an 80% risk of developing bed-wetting or enuresis.
- Hirschsprung’s Disease: It is a disease that involves missing nerve cells in the muscles of the large intestine. It is present at birth and causes difficulty in passing stool. The main symptom of this condition is a newborn’s failure to have a bowel movement within 48 hours after birth, a swollen stomach, and vomiting.
- Biliary Atresia: It is a condition in which the bile ducts in children present outside and inside the liver are scarred and blocked, because of which the bile is unable to flow into the intestine and leads to bile build up in the liver. This bile accumulation can seriously damage the liver and can cause scarring, loss of liver tissue and function, and cirrhosis.
- Tuberculosis: The most common symptoms of tuberculosis are fever, prolonged cough, weight loss, and chills.
- Scarlet Fever: It is most common in children between the ages of five to 15 years. Its symptoms include the presence of a bright-red rash that covers most of the body, sore throat as well as high fever.
- Childhood Asthma: It is the most common chronic lung disease in the pediatric population. In this condition, the lungs and airways become inflamed when the child is exposed to certain triggers such as pollen inhalation, etc. Its symptoms include wheezing while breathing.
- Infant Jaundice: It is characterized by the yellow discoloration of an infant’s skin and eyes. It manifests when the infant’s blood contains an excess of bilirubin that is a yellow pigment present in red blood cells. It is fairly common in infants born before 38 weeks as well as some breast-fed babies because a newborn’s liver isn’t mature enough to get rid of bilirubin in the bloodstream.
- Juvenile Fibromyalgia Syndrome (JFMS): It is a chronic condition that is characterized by symptoms such as long-term musculoskeletal pain and the presence of multiple painful tender points on palpation. This disease is often accompanied by other symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disorders, chronic headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: It is an autoimmune disease in which the joints are affected.
What is Hirschsprung's disease?
Hirschsprung’s disease is a condition in which the muscles present in the large intestine are deficient in nerve cells which leads to difficulty in passing stool. Its main symptom is a newborn’s failure to have a bowel movement within the first 48 hours post-birth, swollen stomach, and vomiting.
Can biliary atresia be cured?
Unfortunately, there is no non-surgical treatment for biliary atresia. The surgical treatment for it involves replacing the blocked bile ducts present outside the liver with a length of the infant’s own intestine, which acts as the new duct.
What are the symptoms of scarlet fever?
The symptoms of scarlet fever include persistent high fever, chills, sore throat sometimes with yellowish or white patches, difficulty in swallowing, enlarged lymph nodes present in the neck, nausea, vomiting, and headache.
How is juvenile fibromyalgia caused?
The exact cause of juvenile fibromyalgia is unknown. However, it is suspected to be caused due to a variety of factors that work together such as genetics. Genetics is suspected because this disease tends to run in families, so there may be certain genetic mutations that may make a person more susceptible to developing the disorder.
Health Blogs for Pediatrics
డైపర్ రాష్: కారణాలు, రకములు , నివారణ మరియు చికిత్స
Feb 09, 2022 13:23
శిశువులు మరియు పసిపిల్లలు ఎదుర్కొంటున్న అత్యంత సాధారణ చర్మ సమస్యల్లో డయాపర్ రాష్ ఒకటి. ఇది సంవత్సరంలో ఏ సమయంలోనైనా సంభవించవచ్చు, ఇది సాధారణంగా monsoon సీజన్ లో సంభవిస్తుంది.
మీ పిల్లలు అసాధారణ ప్రతిభ చదవటంలో చూపిస్తున్నారా? ఇది హైపర్ లెక్సియా లక్షణమా? హైపర్ లెక్సియా-కారణాలు, లక్షణాలు, చికిత్స
Dec 09, 2021 18:09
పిల్లలు ముందస్తుగా మరియు ఆశ్చర్యకరంగా వారి ఆశించిన సామర్థ్యానికి మించి చదవడం ప్రారంభించినప్పుడు అసాధారణ ప్రతిభ చూపించినపుడు దానిని హైపర్ లెక్సియా అని అంటారు. ఇది తరచుగా అక్షరాలు మరియు సంఖ్యలపై అబ్సెసివ్ ఆసక్తితో కూడి ఉంటుంది, ఇది శిశువుగాఉన్నపుడే అభివృద్ధి చెందుతుంది.
How to Prevent Pneumonia in Children?
Nov 11, 2021 17:47
Pneumonia is preventable and treatable, yet it remains the leading infectious cause of mortality and morbidity in children under the age of 5 years. It has been referred to as “The Forgotten killer of children" by UNICEF because historically it has received little attention that it deserves.
Online Classes Affecting Health of School Kids
Sep 06, 2021 12:43
The Covid pandemic has changed everything in the world and it has forced every child to miss the most important part in their lives i.e. School. Teachers teaching in a classroom filled with students has become a distant reality. Every kid is stuck with the new reality of remote learning ‘Online classes’.
Diaper Rash – Causes, Types, Prevention and Treatment
Sep 06, 2021 12:12
Diaper rash is one of the most common skin problems faced by infants and toddlers. While it can occur any time of the year, it most commonly occurs in the Monsoon season. The damp weather and increased occurrence of various infections like Diarrhea create a conducive environment for its occurrence.
Is Your Child Showing Exceptional Reading Abilities? It Could Be Hyperlexia
Aug 27, 2021 11:39
When a child starts reading early and surprisingly beyond their expected ability it is called Hyperlexia. This is often accompanied by an obsessive interest in letters and numbers, which tends to develop as an infant.
Congenital Pneumonia In Newborns: Causes, Prevention And Treatment
Aug 25, 2021 18:58
Congenital pneumonia is mostly caused by bacterial pathogens associated with early onset sepsis. The maternal history should be reviewed carefully as it is important to identify the maternal risk factors associated with congenital pneumonia and for other pathogens.
How to treat Biliary atresia, a rare digestive disease in infants?
Jul 12, 2019 18:39
Biliary Artesia is a digestive disease that occurs in infants mostly after 2 to 8 weeks after birth. Surgery helps the baby to lead a normal life. However, roughly 85% of children require liver transplantation before they reach the age of 20 years.
Hydrocephalus, a most common reason for brain surgery in kids
Jun 28, 2019 16:32
Hydrocephalus is a condition characterized by increased pressure inside the brain due to excess accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid. The accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid may be due to obstruction, poor absorption in the blood vessels
Jul 14, 2017 17:57
Scarlet fever is caused by the same bacteria as Strep Throat and is characterized by a bright red rash Scarlet Fever is a childhood illness caused by a bacterial infection. Although it is rather rare in recent times, it is serious and can often be caused by the same bacteria as strep throat. With better […]
Hirchsprung’s Disease at a glance
Jul 10, 2017 18:25
Hirschsprung’s Disease is a condition that effects the large intestine, causing problems during bowel movements. Hirschsprung’s Disease is when babies or children are unable to empty out their bowels at all. This condition occurs when there is a birth defect where due to missing or incorrectly formed nerve cells in the colon or the intestine, […]