Medical Gastroenterology Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Treatment – Disorders & Conditions
There are many different treatments and diagnostic procedures carried out by the department efficiently with a high success rate, which makes Yashoda Hospitals shine as one of the best centers for gastroenterology in India. The center provides treatments such as:
- Upper GI Endoscopy: It is a procedure to diagnose and treat conditions of the upper gastrointestinal tract i.e. organs such as the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum. In this technique, an endoscope i.e. a thin long tube fitted with a camera is used which is put in the body through the mouth, then it is slowly pushed into the esophagus to the stomach, and small intestine. Images from the camera are then viewed on a monitor to detect the problem.
- Lower GI Endoscopy: It is a procedure to diagnose and treat conditions of the lower gastrointestinal tract i.e. mostly the colon and rectum.
- Colonoscopy: It is a procedure to diagnose or treat the problems associated with the colon and rectum. In this, a colonoscopy or a long, flexible tube is inserted into the rectum and the images from inside the colon are viewed on a monitor.
- Endosonography: It is a minimally invasive procedure to determine the gastrointestinal and lung conditions in which a special endoscope that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images is used.
- Capsule Colonoscopy: It is a procedure in which the patient is asked to swallow a capsule that contains a small camera. As this capsule travels through the digestive tract, it takes thousands of pictures. It is performed for the diagnosis of conditions such as celiac disease, colon cancer, etc.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL): It is a type of treatment for kidney stones in which high-energy shock waves are used to break down the stone into fragments, after which the fragments can easily pass through the urine.
- Esophageal Manometry: It is a technique that measures the length of the esophagus when the person swallows. Our center has the best experts to perform such intricate procedures.
- Rectal Manometry: It is a technique to measure the pressure and sensation in the rectum. It is most commonly used to determine the correct treatment of fecal incontinence or constipation.
- Management Of Acute Upper And Lower GI Hemorrhages
- Removal Of Polyps From Large Intestine
- Stent Placement: In the esophagus, colon, small intestine, bile duct, and pancreatic duct.
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography): It is a diagnostic procedure that allows the surgeon to view pancreatic and bile ducts present in the body. This procedure also uses an endoscope and is most commonly used for the management of stones present in the bile duct and pancreatic duct.
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS): It is a procedure a shunt is used to connect two veins present in the liver. It is mostly performed in patients suffering from portal hypertension or other conditions. At our center, the procedure is performed in a top-class fashion.
What is the treatment for acid reflux disease?
Acid reflux disease can be treated by making certain lifestyle modifications such as eating a couple of hours before lying down, losing weight, wearing loose clothes as well as administering one or more classes of medications depending on the patient’s condition.
How are peptic ulcers treated?
Treatment of peptic ulcers is dependent on the cause of ulcers. The doctor usually prescribes a combination of medications depending on the condition.
What are the treatment options for hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are usually treated by making lifestyle changes such as eating foods rich in fiber, topical treatments as well as other medications. At our center, the best team of doctors ensure that you are guided right so that your condition gets better soon.
What is irritable bowel syndrome? How is it treated?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition of the large intestine in which abdominal discomfort, pain, bloating, etc is experienced by the patient.
Some of the treatment options include eating foods rich in fiber, drink fluids, getting adequate sleep, as well as administering medications.
Health Blogs for Gastroenterology
పొట్టలో పుండ్లు యొక్క 10 అత్యంత సాధారణ లక్షణాలు. మీరు నిర్లక్ష్యం చేయకూడదు
Mar 27, 2020 14:26
మీరు నిర్లక్ష్యం చేయకూడని పొట్టలో పుండ్లు(gastritis) యొక్క 10 అత్యంత సాధారణ లక్షణాలు.
Does drinking water after meals disturb digestion?
Feb 20, 2020 12:25
Many advise that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Let’s read a little to find out how true or false these concerns are.
స్పైరస్ ఎంటరోస్కోపీ(Spirus Enteroscopy) అంటే ఏమిటి?
Jan 24, 2020 11:42
‘స్పైరస్ ఎంటిరోస్కోపీ’ అనేది కూడా ఒక రకమైన ’ఎండోస్కోపీ’ పరీక్ష లాంటిదే. ఇది చిన్నపేగును పరీక్షించేందుకు ఉపకరించే ఓ ప్రభావవంతమైన పరీక్షాసాధనం. ఇది చాల సరళమైన, సురక్షితమైన, ప్రభావవంతమైన వైద్యపరీక్ష.
చిన్నపేగుకు శ్రీరామరక్ష పవర్ స్పైరల్ ఎంటిరోస్కోపీ ( Power Spiral Enteroscopy )
Jan 23, 2020 11:30
శరీరం ఆరోగ్యంగా ఉందనడానికి సంకేతం మన జీర్ణవ్యవస్థ సక్రమంగా పనిచేయడం. దీని పనితీరు దెబ్బతింటే శరీర బరువు తగ్గడం దగ్గరి నుంచి
గ్యాస్ట్రో వ్యాధుల వివరాలు మరియు రాకుండా తీసుకోవాల్సిన జాగ్రత్తలు
Aug 14, 2019 10:26
'ప్యాంక్రియాస్' (క్లోమ గ్రంథి) చిన్న పేగుకు పక్కనే ఉండి జీర్ణ ప్రక్రియలో కీలక పాత్ర పోషిస్తూ ఉంటుంది. అయితే ప్యాంక్రియాస్ స్రావాలు ఒక గొట్టం ద్వారా వచ్చి చిన్న పేగులో కలుస్తాయి. ఈ గొట్టంలో ఏదైనా ఆటంకం ఏర్పడితే అక్కడ వాపు వస్తుంది. దీనినే ప్యాంక్రియాటైటిస్ వ్యాధి అంటారు.
కాలేయ వ్యాధి లక్షణాలు మరియు చికిత్స విధాన వివరాలు
Jul 03, 2019 16:55
ప్రధానంగా రెండు కారణాల వల్ల జాండిస్ సోకుతుంది. మొదటిది శరీరంలోని బైలిరుబిన్ అత్యధికంగా ఉత్పత్తి అవుతుండటం. రెండోవది సహజంగా ఉత్పత్తి అవుతున్న బైలురుబిన్ను కాలేయం తొలగించలేకపోవడం. ఈ రెండు సందర్భాల్లోనూ బైలిరుబిన్ శరీర కణజాలంలో చేరి స్థిరపడుతుంది. కామెర్లవ్యాధి సోకిన వ్యక్తి శరీర అంతర్భాగంలో కొన్ని స్పష్టమైన మార్పులు కనిపిస్తాయి.
Nov 14, 2016 09:14
Crohn’s disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus. Crohn’s disease or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) affects the digestive tract. The symptoms of Crohn’s disease are evident as abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition. Significantly, Crohn’s disease may spread to different areas of the digestive tract. It […]
Acid Reflux Disease
Sep 09, 2016 05:59
Do you have a burning sensation in the throat, sometimes producing a sour or acidic-tasting fluid in the throat? Acid reflux disease is caused when the stomach acid flows back up into the esophagus or food pipe. Acid reflux is described in different ways as heart burn, indigestion and pyrosis. When acid reflux occurs more […]
The key to accurately diagnosing hernia is anatomy
May 30, 2016 04:13
Hernia is a condition where an organ pushes through the muscle or tissue that holds it. Hernia is seen to occur in the upper thigh, belly and groin areas. To prevent the dangerous complications of hernias medications and surgery are usually recommended. Hernia is of three types. Inguinal Hernia occurs in majority of patients, where […]
Pancreatitis: Severe or chronic cases are life-threatening
Feb 13, 2016 04:00
Pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas. Pancreas is a flat and long gland situated behind the stomach. It produces different enzymes to help the digestion process. Pancreas produces the hormone, insulin that helps to regulate sugar (glucose) in the blood. Usually, the mild cases of pancreatitis may go away with time, however, the severe […]
Gastrointestinal Stents: Safe and Effective alternative to Surgery or Repetitive Endoscopic Procedures
Dec 10, 2015 05:33
Stents are used to enlarge/correct the narrowed blood vessels or other channels in the body. In gastroenterology, stents are used by surgeons to open up bile ducts, esophagus, small bowel and colon which may be diseased or infected. Stents help the patient to perform natural activities like eating and drinking. The gastrointestinal surgery tract extends […]
Esophageal spasm – Appears occasional, may turn as chronic pain
Mar 13, 2015 05:43
Esophageal spasm is the disorder when one faces abnormal contractions of the muscles. Muscles in the esophagus (the tube which carries food from the mouth to the stomach) gets narrowed down and gets limited space and develops into spasms and hence the food cannot pass in a proper manner. Symptoms This condition is very uncommon […]
GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) may lead to Barrett’s esophagus
Mar 13, 2015 05:26
Barrettªs esophagus is a medical condition in which the tissue lining of the esophagus is replaced by the tissue similar to that of the lining of the intestine. The esophageal tissue lining is damaged by stomach acid. This condition is a complication of gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD); around 10% of people with chronic GERD […]