M.Sc., Nursing Programme
The principal and faculty of Yashoda College of Nursing believe that Post Graduate programme in Nursing is essential to prepare nurses to improve the quality of Nursing Education and practice.
We further believe that the Post Graduate Programme in Nursing builds upon and extends competence acquired at the graduate levels, emphasizes the application of relevant theories into nursing practice, education, administration & development of research skills.
This programme provides the basis for the post masteral programme in nursing. Further, the programme encourages accountability and commitment to lifelong learning which fosters improvement of quality care.
The aim of the postgraduate program in nursing is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as nurse specialist consultants, educators, administrators in a wide variety of professional settings in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society.
On Completion of two years M.Sc.(N) programme, the postgraduate will be able to:
- Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science
- Demonstrates advanced competence in the practice of nursing
- Practice as a nurse specialist
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and function effectively as a nurse educator and manager
- Demonstrates skills in conducting nursing research, interpreting and utilizing the findings from health-related research
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice and in the health care delivery system.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with members of other disciplines.
- Demonstrates interest in continued learning for personal and professional advancement.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing (6 seats)
- Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing (6 seats)
- Pediatric (Child Health) Nursing (4 seats)
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing (6 seats)
- Community Health Nursing (6 seats)
Candidates should have passed B.Sc., (N) / Post BSC (N) degree from an Institution, which is recognized by Indian Nursing council with minimum 55% of aggregate marks and 5% relaxation of marks for SC / ST Candidates. In respect of Government College of Nursing, Hyderabad, Candidates are in Government service are only eligible for admission. Subject to fulfillment of Government Orders from time to time.
- Should be a Regular employee of the Government of Telangana/ AP shall have put in not less than 5 years service in the departments of Medical & Health Service, Vaidya Vidhana Parishad of Telangana & A.P. In any capacity in Nursing as on 30-09-2017.
- For Regular candidates, minimum one year of work experience after registration of B.Sc., (N) course as on 30-09-2017.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior or after registration of Post Basic Nursing courses as on 30.09.2017.
Experience certificate once submitted is final. No alterations / No revised service certificate will be accepted after submission of application at the time of verification. The candidates, who have not acquired relevant service and not submitted requisite certificates, such applications will be rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained. Therefore, Candidates are advised to check the application before filling.
Both the service and Non-service candidates should not have completed 45 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission. For candidates belonging to SC / ST, the maximum age limit shall be 48 years.
Both women and men candidates are eligible to apply for M.Sc. (Nursing) as per G.O. Ms. No. 77 HM&FW (K1) Dept. Dt; 13-6-2013. Regarding Male candidates, admission will be as per G.O. Ms. No. 79 HM&FW (K1) Dept., Dt; 17-6-2013.
Registration with the nursing council:
Candidate should be a registered nurse and registered midwife of Indian Nursing Council for service and non-service candidates.
The candidate shall be Medically Fit.
If a candidate is found to have concealed any information regarding this matter, the registration of such a candidate is liable to be canceled. Further disciplinary action will be taken by the University against him/her.
Course Of Instruction
|S. No.||Subject||Theory (/in hrs)||Practical (in hrs)|
|2.||Advance Nursing Practice||150||200|
|3.||Nursing Research and Statistics||150||100|
|4.||Clinical Specialty – I||150||650|
|S. No.||Subject||Theory (in hrs)||Practical (in hrs)|
|2.||Nursing Research (Dissertation)||—||300|
|3.||Clinical Specialty – II||150||950|
Scheme Of Examination
|2.||Advance Nursing Practice||3||25||75|
|3.||Nursing Research and Statistics||3||25**||75*|
|4.||Clinical Specialty – I||3||25||75||100||100||100|
*Nursing Research = 50 and statistics = 25
** Nursing Research = 15 and statistics = 10
|2.||Dissertation & Viva||100||100|
|3.||Clinical Specialty – II||3||25||75||100||100|
Courses Offered at
Yashoda School and College of
Affiliated to Yashoda Hospitals,
C –53, Road. No: 16, Green Park Colony,
Saroor Nagar, Hyderabad.
Phone:040 2407 2334
Opportunities after Completion Of M.Sc. (N) Course
- Academic Area: M.Phil, Ph.D
- Clinical Area: Nursing Educators / Nursing Instructors / Asst. Nursing Superintendent / Nursing
Superintendent / Nursing Director / Overseas Opportunities
- Education Area: Lecturers, Professors & Principals
- Research Area: As Scientists to take on projects in the Government and Private sector
- Community Area: Community Health Officers
- Nurse Practitioners: Home Care Nursing / Tele Nursing / Travel Nurse
For further details contact: