Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Osteomalacia?
In the early stages of osteomalacia, the individual might not experience any symptoms. On the progression of this condition, certain symptoms may present themselves such as:
- Diffuse pain in the bone and joints
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty in walking
- Pain in the lower back, hips, ribs
- Weakness in the legs and reduced muscle tone
- Compressed vertebrae
- Pelvic flattening
- Weak, soft bones
- Easy fracturing of the bones
What are the complications of Osteomalacia?
A person suffering from osteomalacia is prone to breaking his or her bones especially those present in ribs, spine, and legs. It can lead to bone breakage.
- Osteomalacia. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteomalacia/symptoms-causes/syc-20355514 Accessed on June 29, 2020.
- Osteomalacia. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/osteomalacia Accessed on June 29, 2020.
- Osteomalacia. Versus Arthritis. Available at: https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteomalacia/ Accessed on June 29, 2020.
- Osteomalacia. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: A https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/13017-osteomalacia Accessed on June 29, 2020.