- Renal angiography and angioplasty
- Kidney Transplantations including ABO incompatible renal transplantation
- Renal biopsy and its histopathological evaluation (Adult /Pediatric)
- Exchange transfusion and plasmapheresis
- Prostatic Surgery (Holmium Laser surgery)
- Laparoscopic Surgery for the kidneys and the urinary tract
Our expertise is on a wide range services that include management of renal failure patients, management of Uro-surgical trauma patients, surgery for stress urinary incontinence, artificial sphincter placement, flexible & rigid Uretero Renoscopies, urinary stone diseases, Laparoscopic Ureterolithotomy, A V Fistula, Uro-oncology, and reconstructive urology for complex urethral strictures. We specialize in Endoscopy Procedures like:
- Trans-urethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Uretero-renoscopic lithotripy (URSL)
- Percutaneous Nephro-lithotomy (PCNL)
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS)
- Optical Internal Urethrotomy (OIU)
The patient may receive kidney from a live donor (a relative or a close friend), paired kidney donor (registered recipients and donors) and deceased donor (recently died). Before transplant, the donor’s kidney is tested for the tissue type and blood type, as this would help in reducing the chances of rejection of the new kidney. During kidney transplant surgery, the surgeon places the healthy donor kidney into the patient’s body. The damaged or diseased kidneys are seldom removed from the body. The blood vessels and the ureter (tube that carries urine to the bladder) are connected to the new kidney.
Evaluation before Kidney Transplant : Each patient for kidney transplant is referred to a comprehensive evaluation process including various physical examinations, diagnostic tests and educational meetings, done on an outpatient basis. Importantly, a diagnosis of end-stage renal disease confirms each patient’s eligibility for the transplant procedure.