Endocrinology Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Endocrine diseases can have an impact on patient’s health and daily life. Many of the disorders can be treated with medication or hormone replacement therapy. Other endocrine diseases may require complex treatment such as surgery.
Thyroid Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
A doctor or physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of endocrine gland disorders is referred to as endocrine surgeon. Some of the endocrine diseases treated by surgery are – diabetes, hyperthyroidism, Grave’s syndrome, hypothyroidism, parathyroid carcinoma, adrenal cancer, thyroid cancer, and cushing’s syndrome.
Diabetes Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Based on the health condition of the patient and part of endocrine system affected, surgery is performed. Here are some of the endocrine surgeries listed below:
- Adrenalectomy: It is a surgical procedure used to remove one or both the adrenal glands for patients having tumors (including benign tumors and cysts, malignant primary tumors, and metastatic tumors).
- Thyroidectomy: It is a surgical procedure to remove all or part of the thyroid gland.
- Parathyroidectomy: It is a surgical procedure to remove parathyroid tumors.
- Thyroid lobectomy: It is a surgical procedure to remove one lobe of the thyroid gland.
- Total pancreatectomy: It is a surgical procedure which is done to treat chronic pancreatitis (removal of entire pancreas and gallbladder).
The department offers a broad range of services for conditions that include
- Thyroid disorders
- Growth abnormalities in children
- Infertility in males and females
- Pituitary disorders
- Obesity management
- Various other hormonal disorders
The department provides comprehensive services including
- Screening for diabetes in asymptomatic persons, especially high risks groups and first-degree relatives of diabetics
- Extensive and elaborate monitoring for pre-operative and postoperative diabetes patients
- Establishing and applying Indian protocol to fight diabetes
- Continuous medical education (CME) programmes for family physician and updates for consultants
- Diabetes awareness programmes in the community and corporate companies
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Growth hormone tests
Health Blogs for Endocrinology
Does Prediabetes Increase Your Risk of Diabetes?
Jan 10, 2023 17:59
Prediabetes is a condition in which your body has trouble maintaining normal blood sugar levels and is typically a precursor to type 2 diabetes.
Prediabetes: Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
Aug 18, 2021 17:34
Prediabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level is higher than the normal , but is not high enough to get diagnosed as diabetes. Based on a recent study published in the Indian Journal of Medical Research, 14% of the Indian population is predisposed to diabetes.
Could you be diabetic and not know?
Mar 19, 2020 16:00
A diabetologist can easily check your sugar levels and by tracking those numbers he can reveal if you have diabetes. Unfortunately, many people don’t get themselves tested because they either show no or very mild symptoms of diabetes.
థైరాయిడ్ గురించి తెలుసుకోవాల్సిన ముఖ్యమైన విషయాలు
Jun 19, 2019 15:36
తల్లి గర్భంలో గల దశ నుండి చివరికి సమాధి దశ వరకు మన జీవన విధానం సాఫిగా సాగడానికి థైరాయిడ్ హార్మోన్లు చాల ముఖ్యమైనవి. మన దేహంలో గల ముఖ్యమైన అవయవాలు వాటి పనితనం సక్రమంగా ఉండటానికి థైరాయిడ్ హార్మోన్లు చాలా ఆవశ్యకమైనవి.
Oct 08, 2016 05:15
People with cystic fibrosis experience a build-up of thick sticky mucus in the lungs, digestive system and other organs Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease marked by lung infections. A defective gene causes the build-up of mucus in the lungs, pancreas and other organs. The mucus causes extensive damage to the lungs and pancreas leading […]
What to eat to manage diabetes effectively?
Sep 16, 2016 05:00
Eating low-glycemic foods helps to keep your diabetes under control Diabetics need to manage their sugar levels by having a planned diet, exercise and adequate rest. A planned or balanced diet is most crucial for managing diabetics. Any neglect as taking improper diet may spike sugar levels in the blood, and lead to further complications. […]
Sudden weight loss, rapid heartbeat, neck swelling, red and swollen eyes are signs of Hyperthyroidism
May 24, 2016 04:53
Hyperthyroidism is a condition where the thyroid glands produce too much of thyroxine. Excess of thyroxine brings changes in the metabolism. The fall-out is seen as sudden weight loss, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nervousness and irritability. Effective treatments for hyperthyroidism include administering of anti-thyroid medications and radioactive iodine. In some cases, the doctor may advise for […]
Hypothyroidism is a common disorder of the endocrine system
Apr 27, 2016 05:38
Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Thyroid is a small gland present at the base and front of the neck, below the Adam’s apple. Thyroid gland produces two types of hormones, triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), which help in controlling metabolism of the body (body temperature, heart […]
Facts About Diabetes or An invisible illness on the prowl
Nov 14, 2015 12:48
Diabetes or Diabetes mellitus (DM) includes a group of metabolic diseases. Diabetes is characterized by high blood sugar levels in the blood over a prolonged period. A diabetic shows symptoms of high blood sugar including frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. Cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney failure, foot ulcers, and eye damage are found in […]