Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Minimal Invasive Surgery, and Thoracic Organ Transplant Surgery perform various types of cardiothoracic surgeries including robot-assisted cardiothoracic surgery, adult cardiac surgery, pediatric and congenital cardiac repairs, aneurysm surgery, thoracic surgeries, heart transplantation, lung transplantations, heart failure surgery, thoracic and lung surgery. We are equipped with modern and high-tech tools to perform these surgeries with utmost precision and extremely high success rate making us one of the best cardiothoracic surgery hospitals in Hyderabad.
The department treats people who have diseases of the heart, aorta, blood vessels, lungs, and chest cavity and is renowned for conducting precision cardiothoracic surgery in India. It has the best cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiac surgeons in the country, who perform thousands of cardiac and cardiovascular surgeries annually using state-of-the-art technology.
At Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad experienced doctors collaborate to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for each patient depending on their condition. Cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons work with specialists in cardiovascular diseases as well as top pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons for the treatment of children and adults to enhance their quality of life.
We understand the magnitude of the patients’ problems and focus on offering them personalized care and combine evidence-based medicine with patient-centered care.
We have years of expertise in performing these surgeries successfully and we ensure that each team member in the department is highly trained in the field. The surgeons also bring international experience for the treatments at the center. Due to the expertise, the success rate of coronary bypass surgery is 99%, and that of heart and lung transplantation is also very high because of the recent developments in technology, that is why most of the patients who have undergone transplantation have survived over 10 years post-surgery. Such excellent results and high success rates have made us stand out, and have put up our name on the list of the best heart surgery hospitals in Hyderabad.
The hospital also has the availability of the most advanced technology and instrumentations at the center such as nitric oxide ventilators, ECMO, etc. We offer the most comprehensive, innovative, and advanced care to the patients while working closely with a team of experts.
The department offers a wide range of endovascular procedures including coronary and peripheral intervention, heart surgery, heart bypass surgery as well as heart transplantation surgery. We are committed to providing the latest and world-class surgical care and treatment to the patients suffering from cardiothoracic and vascular problems.
The center treats a number of different cardiovascular diseases including:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Congestive Heart Failure
The center also treats various cardiothoracic diseases such as:
- Valvular Insufficiency
- Valvular Stenosis
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Dissection
- Aorta Transaction
- Lung Cancer
- Oesophageal Cancer
- Mediastinal Tumors
- Esophageal Tumors
- Tracheobronchial Cancer
- Tracheal Stenosis
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is known as a leading cardiothoracic hospital in the city due to wide-ranging expertise in the field of cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries. We have the best cardiothoracic surgeons who are leading specialists in all forms of cardiac by-pass surgery procedures, minimally invasive surgeries and other invasive cardiology techniques. The country’s topmost cardiothoracic surgeons and heart specialists assure to provide the best treatments, and to that end, we have various facilities available at the hospital.
The various types of surgeries performed at the hospital include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: Including off-pump, total arterial revascularization, mitral valve repair, post-myocardial infarction ventricular septal rupture repair.
- Valve Surgery: Including mitral valve repair, tricuspid valve repair, mitral valve replacement, aortic valve replacement, and double valve replacement.
- Aneurysm Surgery: Including Bentall procedure, acute and chronic aortic dissection surgery, arch replacement & elephant trunk procedure, thoracoabdominal aneurysm repairs, aortic arch debranching and stenting of the arch and thoracic aorta.
We also perform minimally invasive surgeries, endoscopic vein harvesting, minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass, thoracic and lung surgery as well as congenital cardiac repairs.
Yashoda Hospitals is a leader in performing minimally invasive cardiac surgeries with more than 20,000 cardiac procedures annually.
The other achievements include:
- We are the leading center for heart and lung transplantations.
- We have a Heart Rhythm Clinic on our premises.
- We have performed various PTE procedures in pulmonology embolism in collaboration with surgeons from Duke University, USA.
- We have world-class facilities for ventricular assist devices (VADs), pacemakers, and ICDs implantations.
- We performed the first inter-state heart transplantation in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- We are the pioneers in performing the first combined heart and lung transplantation in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Technology & Facilities
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad takes immense pride in being the pioneer of bringing advanced technology to the patients for the treatment of various cardiothoracic surgeries.
The advanced technology includes:
- Phillips Cardiac Monitor With Continuous Cardiac Output
- Servo And GE Ventilators
- Phillips Echo Machine With TEE Probe & 3D Echo Facility
- Sarns System I & 8000 Heart-lung Machine
- Sarns/Thermo Hemotherm
- ECMO From Maquet
- Endoscopic Vein Harvest System From Maquet And Karlstorz
- Cell Saver From Hemonitics
- Nitric Oxide Ventilator From NoxBox
- IABP From Data Scope
- MICS Instruments & Technology From Fellings & Medtronic
The facilities include:
- A Minimally Invasive Cardiac Lab
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab
- State-of-The-Art Cardiac OT
- Availability of ICCU With 1:1 Nurse To Bed Ratio
- Advanced Siemens Patented HD PET CT
- Two State-of-The-Art Flat-panel Cath Labs
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Scan On A 64-slice CT Machine
- One 12-bedded Critical Care Unit
- Latest Electrophysiology Laboratory With 3D Mapping Facility
1. Which is the best hospital for heart transplant in Hyderabad?
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is one of the best hospitals for heart transplant surgery due to the availability of the most advanced technologies at the center, including advanced Siemens PET CT, invasive as well as non-invasive cardiac labs, etc.
2. What are cardiothoracic surgeries?
Cardiothoracic surgery is a type of surgery that is used to treat conditions of the organs present in the thorax that is heart and lungs.
3. What type of surgeries does a cardiothoracic surgeon?
A cardiothoracic surgeon specializes in surgeries of the organs present in the chest including the heart, lungs, esophagus, and other organs.
Health Blogs for CT Surgery
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) for severe aortic valve stenosis
Sep 13, 2019 15:35
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) is helpful for patients with aortic stenosis, who are very weak and cannot tolerate a major heart surgery.
All About the Cardiac Pacemaker
Apr 12, 2019 18:39
A pacemaker is a device that regulates the heart beat. If your doctor recommends a pacemaker for you, you will need to undergo surgery for it to be implanted. This reference summary explains how pacemakers work, and the benefits and risks of having one.
TAVR – Treating severe aortic valve stenosis without surgery
Jan 18, 2019 17:16
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation/Replacement (TAVI/TAVR) is a less invasive procedure (not surgery) to replace the failing aortic valve. A transcatheter heart valve is a biological tissue valve made of human, pig or cow heart tissue.
Primary angioplasty for Acute Myocardial infarction
Nov 19, 2018 10:32
Myocardial Infarction (MI or heart attack) is a medical emergency wherein the irreversible death of heart muscles occurs due to prolonged lack of oxygen. Over the past decades, treatment for myocardial infarction has evolved considerably. Immediate coronary angiography followed by primary angioplasty is a commonly used procedure to treat MI.
బాధాకరమైన బైపాస్ సర్జరీలకు కాలం చెల్లింది హార్ట్ సర్జరీకోసం ఇపుడు పక్కటెముకలు కోయనక్కరలేదు
Sep 21, 2018 15:43
నా వయస్సు 48 సం.లు. ఈ మధ్య ఓ రోజు ఛాతీలో ఏడమవైపు నొప్పి వచ్చి ఎడమచేయి లాగినట్లు అని పించగా అనుమానంతో వెంటనే ఆస్పత్రికి వెళ్లాను. పరీక్షలు చేసి గుండెకు రక్తం సరఫరాచేసే రక్తనాళాలు రెండు బ్లాక్ అయినట్లు చెప్పి బైపాస్ సర్జరీ చేయించుకోమని సిఫార్సు చేశారు.
Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) for mitral valve diseases
Mar 30, 2016 09:22
Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR) is a rare and complex procedure performed to replace the dysfunctional or leaking mitral valve. TMVR is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive procedure performed at very few centers in India. Yashoda Hospitals Secunderabad recently performed this procedure in a 75-year-old man who was having a dysfunctional […]
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Bypass Surgery (MICS)
Oct 21, 2015 09:30
Minimally invasive surgery, an innovation of the recent times, makes the surgical procedures less traumatic. The minimally invasive Heart Bypass Surgery or Cardiac surgery (MICS) is different to the conventional cardiac surgeries where the breast bone is split into two (sternotomy). The sternotomy incisions range from 8 to 10 inches, while the MICS incisions are […]