Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad Saves Life of A 5 Years Old Baby by Complex Kidney Tumor Surgery
Faduma, a 5-year-old baby from Somalia was suffering from Wilm’s tumor, a very rare type of kidney cancer. Upon visiting Yashoda Hospitals in Hyderabad, the patient was diagnosed with a rare case of a Kidney tumor. Her abdomen was fully bloated with around 30x30 x30 cm mass. The news of the baby suffering from the rare kidney tumor had shocked the parents and family members of the Faduma. The baby was emaciated and very weak. A team of oncologists treated her with chemotherapy followed by surgery. The Oncology team swung into action and conducted all necessary tests for a complete diagnosis and to evaluate all important parameters before conducting the surgery.
Around 5 Kg tumor was successfully removed in the 8 hours long complicated surgery. Speaking on the condition Dr. Sachin Marda, the Senior Surgical Oncologist and Robotic Surgeon said “Faduma, the 5-year-old baby was timely brought in for diagnosis because she was in a critical stage and could have lost her life at any moment. It was important for the patient to quickly undergo chemotherapy followed by an operation. It was a very challenging case to remove the entire tumor completely with multiviscreal resection and at the same time preserving important structures in the abdomen especially the 5 years old pediatric patient”.
Expressing heartfelt gratitude, the patient’s family said, “We are grateful to the contributions of the hospital and the doctor for saving my daughter. The hospital staff, rehabilitation, support, and guidance provided to my family have been unparalleled. The best care and dedicated medical expertise were provided to us. We wish the best to the hospital and hope that many others are touched by their noble endeavours”.
The baby girl recovered completely and was discharged on 24th November 2021. Post-operation, complete rehabilitative care was also given to the patient, helping the baby recover from the major operation.
The multidisciplinary team of doctors at Yashoda Hospital Somajiguda, led by Dr. Sachin Marda (Surgical oncologist), Dr. Nikhil G Patil (Sr Medical Oncologist), Dr. Prashanth Reddy (HOD Anaesthesia), Dr. Suresh (Sr Pediatrician) for their relentless efforts. Dr. G S Rao(Director), Dr. Pavan (Chairman), and Mr. Karthihaivelan (Unit head, Somajiguda) from Yashoda hospital congratulated all the doctors and staff for the excellent teamwork, clinical acumen, and unparalleled skills.
- Telangana Today: https://telanganatoday.com/hyderabad-doctors-at-yashoda-hospitals-save-life-of-five-year-old-somailan-girl-with-rare-kidney-cancer
- The Week India: https://thisweekindia.news/yashoda-hospitals-hyderabad-saves-the-life-of-a-5-years-old-baby/
- Indian Pharma Post: https://www.indianpharmapost.com/hospitals/yashoda-hospitals-hyderabad-saves-five-year-old-with-timely-kidney-surgery-10800
- India Today: https://www.indiatoday.in/cities/hyderabad/story/hyderabad-doctors-save-life-of-5-year-old-somalian-girl-conduct-complex-kidney-tumor-surgery-1885547-2021-12-08
- The Siasat Daily: https://www.siasat.com/hyderabad-5-kg-tumour-removed-from-5-year-old-girls-kidney-2238159/
- The New Indian Express: https://www.newindianexpress.com/states/telangana/2021/dec/08/five-kg-tumour-removed-from-5-year-old-girls-kidney-in-telangana-2392982.html
- The HealthSite: https://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/cancer-in-children/5-kg-wilms-tumour-removed-from-a-5-yr-old-girl-signs-of-kidney-cancer-in-children-851179/
- International Business Times: https://www.ibtimes.com/5-year-old-child-undergoes-surgery-remove-rare-11-pound-tumor-kidney-3353682
- The Washington Newsday: https://washingtonnewsday.com/world/a-5-year-old-child-has-surgery-to-remove-a-rare-11-pound-kidney-tumor/