Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Vertical Talus diagnosed?
These are some of the most common assessments done to diagnose vertical talus:
- EOS imaging
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad is equipped with one of the best facilities and advanced technologies which helps us detect and cure the problem as much as possible making us one of the top centers for Vertical Talus in India.
How is Vertical Talus prevented?
Since vertical talus is a condition that occurs right since birth, there isn’t really anything that can be done to prevent it. However, the condition can be prevented from getting worse. If the condition is diagnosed at an early stage it must be treated immediately. Simple methods like gentle stretching can help fix the deformity and get the talus bone in the right position.
What is the treatment for Vertical Talus?
Listed below are the treatment measures used in curing the condition:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy involving stretching and exercises may increase flexibility of the foot.
- Casting: Casts are used to hold the foot in the right position and correct the deformity.
- Surgery: If the condition does not respond to non-surgical treatments then surgery will be needed to fix the deformity.
We give integrated care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in Hyderabad with the help and support of our dedicated and compassionate team of doctors and staff.
- Vertical Talus.Ortho Bullets. Available at: http://www.orthobullets.com/pediatrics/4066/congenital-vertical-talus Accessed on June 30th, 2020.
- Vertical Talu Ortho kids. Available at: https://orthokids.org/Condition/Vertical-Talus Accessed on June 30th, 2020.
- Vertical Talus. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2739479/ Accessed on June 30th, 2020.
- Vertical Talus. St. Lousis Children. Available at: https://www.stlouischildrens.org/conditions-treatments/center-foot-disorders/vertical-talus Accessed on June 30th, 2020.