Snapping Hip Syndrome
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Snapping Hip Syndrome diagnosed?
A comprehensive diagnosis involves one or more of the following procedures:
- Physical examination: A detailed analysis by the doctor to understand the condition.
- X-Rays: This is done to ensure that the bones around the hips are in good condition.
- MRI (magnetic resonance scan)
Yashoda Hospitals has highly advanced technology that helps doctors diagnose problems accurately.
How is Snapping Hip Syndrome prevented?
It is recommended to perform daily exercises to ensure movement of the entire body without straining too much.
What is the treatment for Snapping Hip Syndrome?
Treatment of this condition is mostly dependent on the actual cause of it. Hence, identifying the factors which are resulting in snapping hip syndrome is the first step towards the treatment of this condition.
- Physical Therapy: This is done to stretch out the muscles and tendons that are responsible for the condition.
- Medications: Corticosteroid Injection or oral anti-inflammatory medicines are given to treat the inflammation.
- Hip Arthroscopy: It is a surgical procedure in which a large incision is made on the hip joint. It is a minimally invasive treatment procedure.
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we provide the best treatment strategies to our patients, which makes us one of the top centers in India.
- Snapping hip syndrome. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/snapping-hip-syndrome Accessed on June 14, 2020.
- Snapping hip syndrome: causes and symptoms. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/snapping-hip-syndrome-causes-symptoms-treatments Accessed on June 14, 2020.
- Snapping hip syndrome. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK448200/ Accessed on June 14, 2020.