Snapping Hip Syndrome
Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Snapping Hip Syndrome?
Some symptoms of this condition are:
- Snapping or clicking sound from the hip
- Pain, inflammation in the affected hip
- Weakness in the leg muscle when trying to lift leg sideways or forward
- Swelling in the hip
- Difficulty in performing regular activities such as walking
- Difficulty in regular activities
- Sensation of hip coming out of its place
Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad have top doctors who have many years of experience, who help patients get to the core of their problems and make sure they get the right treatment at the right time.
What are the risk factors of Snapping Hip Syndrome?
Some risk factors that make an individual susceptible to this condition are:
- Osteoarthritis: A condition wherein the tissues at the end of the bones wear out.
- Femoroacetabular impingement: A condition in which an extra bone grows along with bones that form the hip joint.
- Loose bodies: A condition wherein fragments of cartilage or bone freely float inside the joints.
What are the complications of Snapping Hip Syndrome?
It is important to treat this condition on time because the delay will only result in;
- Increase of discomfort
- Problems in carrying out daily activities
- Snapping hip syndrome. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/snapping-hip-syndrome Accessed on June 14, 2020.
- Snapping hip syndrome: causes and symptoms. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/snapping-hip-syndrome-causes-symptoms-treatments Accessed on June 14, 2020.
- Snapping hip syndrome. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK448200/ Accessed on June 14, 2020.