Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
What are the symptoms of Osteopenia?
Even though this condition may initially present no symptoms, some factors that may indicate towards this condition are:
- Localized pain in the affected bone
- Weakness in the bone
- Bone fracture may occur in extreme cases without pain
What are the complications of Osteopenia?
The major complication of this condition is its progression to osteoporosis, which is a condition wherein there is a greater risk of bone deterioration and bone fracture.
- Osteopenia. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/guide/osteopenia-early-signs-of-bone-loss Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Osteopenia. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/osteopenia Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Osteopenia. Health Harvad. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/womens-health/osteopenia-when-you-have-weak-bones-but-not-osteoporosis Accessed on June 28, 2020.
- Osteopenia. Medical News Day. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318321 Accessed on June 28, 2020.