Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Cubital Tunnel Syndrome diagnosed?
Our experts may suggest one or more of the following diagnostic assessments depending on the patient’s condition:
- Nerve conduction test
- Electromyogram (EMG)
Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad is equipped with one of the best facilities and advanced technologies which helps us to detect and cure the problem easily making us one of the top centers for cubital tunnel syndrome in India.
How is Cubital Tunnel Syndrome prevented?
To prevent the development of this condition, one can take certain preventive measures such as:
- Limit physical activities
- Do not lean on the elbow in order to prevent pressure
- Keeping the arm straight
- Wear a splint while sleeping
What is the treatment for Cubital Tunnel Syndrome?
Some treatment strategies that may be employed for cubital tunnel syndrome are:
- Home care: The first step in the treatment is always to avoid factors that are causing the symptoms of this condition in the first case. It may include wrapping the elbow in a towel or wearing a splint at night to prevent the elbow from bending.
- Physical therapy: It is done to relieve the pressure off of the elbow and to ensure light movements to prevent any strain to it. It is usually recommended after surgery.
- Surgery: It may involve releasing the nerve or moving the nerve to the front part of the elbow or even, removing a small part of the bone to relieve the pressure.
We are one of the best hospitals in India with years of experience in treating orthopedic conditions with the help and support of our dedicated and compassionate team of doctors. We give 360-degree care to our patients making us one of the top hospitals in and around Hyderabad.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Cedars Saini. Available at: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-library/diseases-and-conditions/c/cubital-tunnel-syndrome.html Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/cubital-radial-tunnel-syndrome Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/cubital-tunnel-syndrome-exercises Accessed on June 17th, 2020.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. Medical News Today. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322593 Accessed on June 17th, 2020.