Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis,Prevention and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Clubfoot diagnosed?
The most common assessments in the diagnosis of clubfoot are:
We provide the best of the facilities and services to our patients at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad and we try to diagnose and cure the patient as early as possible with our advanced technologies making us the top center in Hyderabad for foot and ankle related problems.
How is Clubfoot prevented?
Since the condition occurs in infants and is associated with genetics, the recommended precautions are supposed to be taken by the expecting mother:
- No smoking
- No drinking alcohol
- Avoiding drugs not approved by the doctor
Drug, tobacco and alcohol use during pregnancy can cause a number of complications and may affect the child’s growth and development. Therefore it is necessary for the mother to give up on everything that poses a threat to herself and the baby’s wellbeing.
What is the treatment for Clubfoot?
Following are the most common forms of strategies used in treating clubfoot:
- Stretching And Casting: Ponseti method is the most common method used to gently stretch and cast the feet and legs to gradually correct the deformity.
- Surgery: Most of the cases are treated with nonsurgical methods, but there are some severe cases in which the deformity recurs often, or doesn’t respond to the treatment at all when a surgery is required.
- Bracing: Clubfoot has a tendency to recur even after successful corrections. To ensure that the foot stays in the correct position permanently, the child may have to wear braces for a few years after the treatment. Braces will help keep the foot in the proper position and angle.
Our team of experts at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, study the patient’s case and suggest the best possible treatment for their conditions, after considering all other factors. Our services in the field of Orthopedics for the past few years have made us one of the best hospitals in India.
- Clubfoot. Mayo Clinic. Avilable at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/clubfoot/symptoms-causes/syc-20350860.Accessed on June 24th, 2020.
- Clubfoot. NHS. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/club-foot/ Accessed on June 24th, 2020.
- Clubfoot. WebMD. Available at: https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/what-is-clubfoot Accessed on June 24th, 2020.