Adult Acquired Flatfoot
Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
What would you like to know?
How is Adult Acquired Flatfoot diagnosed?
Some of the most common assessments used in diagnosing adult acquired flatfoot are:
- CT scan
At Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad, we have an experienced team of surgeons and consultants who are specialized in treating all kinds of foot and ankle disorders making us one of the top centers in Hyderabad.
How is Adult Acquired Flatfoot prevented?
Adult acquired flatfoot can be prevented with simple preventive measures like:
- Wear proper braces and gear
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Stretch regularly
- Wear correct shoes
What is the treatment for Adult Acquired Flatfoot?
Treatment of adult acquired flatfoot depends on the cause. Some of the common approaches are as follows:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy and simple exercises helps relieve the pain and helps with daily tasks that are otherwise difficult to perform due to the condition.
- Arch supports (orthotic devices): Orthotic devices like arch supports are helpful when it comes to reducing the pain caused by the condition.
- Medications: Immobilization and anti-inflammatory medications are prescribed to patients with Adult Acquired Flatfoot to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- Surgery: When the nonsurgical treatments don’t seem to have any effect on the condition, doctors might recommend a surgical procedure to fix the deformity.
Our team of top surgeons and consultants at Yashoda Hospitals Hyderabad always propose the best treatment option depending on the patient’s condition. With the help of our dedicated and experienced staff, we have treated a lot of patients successfully over the years making us the topmost hospital in India.
- Adult Acquired Flatfoot. OrthoInfo. Available at: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/adult-acquired-flatfoot/ Accessed on June 19th, 2020.
- Adult Acquired Flatfoot. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4094099/ Accessed on June 19th, 2020.
- Adult Acquired Flatfoot. WebMD. Avaiable at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/what-are-fallen-arches Accessed on June 19th, 2020