Advanced Kidney Transplant Treatment Hospital in Hyderabad
Surgical procedures for kidney transplants
Given our vast experience with kidney dialysis and transplants, we ensure that our kidney transplant procedures are smooth and seamless. Kidney transplants are performed by open surgeries, minimally invasive procedures such as:
Conventional open kidney transplant: The surgeons operate on the donor and recipient under general anesthesia to first remove the kidney from the donor and then place it into the abdomen of the recipient. Once the surgery is complete, the incisions are closed and patient moved to recovery.
Minimally invasive kidney transplant: Minimally invasive living donor nephrectomy, minimally invasive video-assisted (MIVAKT), minimal-access kidney transplantation (MAKT), and minimal skin incision (MSI) techniques are used to remove donor kidney. Though there are several MI procedures, kidney transplant recipients are still operated through conventional incisions using Gibson incision (GIBI) or hockey-stick incisions (HSI).
Laparoscopic kidney transplant: Laparoscopy another minimally invasive technique usually used to remove the donor kidney in a process called as laparoscopic nephrectomy. The method offers less pain, less noticeable scar and shorter recovery time for the donor. Laparoscopic kidney transplantation (LKT) following transvaginal or abdominal insertion of the kidney is a novel option.
Robotic kidney transplant (RAKT): Robot Assisted Kidney Transplantation is a minimally invasive technique that uses a robotic support to perform the KT. Compared to conventional open kidney transplant surgery, a much smaller incision (about 7cm) is made in RAKT to remove the diseased kidney and insert the donor kidney into the abdomen., and then to stitch the blood vessels and the ureter. Another four or five small (0.5 to 1cm) incisions are used to insert the instruments into the abdomen.
Robotic Kidney Transplant Surgery in Hyderabad
Facilities & Technology
Dedicated twin Operation Theatre (OT) with Laminar Air-flow specially designed for Organ Transplant, isolated and specially designed areas with all facilities for strict aseptic precautions for post-transplant recovery.
- Multi-disciplinary transplant team comprising skilled and experienced team of Nephrologists, Urologists and Anaesthetists working in coordination to offer quality care, expert medical and paramedical assistance.
Services offered include:
- Management of Live Kidney transplant
- Management of complications in post-transplant patients
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
Advanced Kidney Transplant Hospital in Hyderabad
State-of-the-art Kidney Transplant Unit
- Multi-disciplinary transplant team comprising skilled and experienced team of Nephrologists, Urologists and Anaesthetists working in coordination to offer quality care
- Expert medical and paramedical assistance (Transplantations are carried out with complete documentation and interrogation of both the recipient and donor to maintain transparency and accuracy.)
- Well-equipped dialysis unit open 24 hours with the most advanced dialysis machines for haemodialysis, Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD), Continuous Veno Venous Haemodialysis, Continuous Veno Venous Haemo dia Filtration and Renal Biopsy.
- Highly specialized water treatment plant with the best quality water for effective dialysis
- Haemodialysis unit equipped with efficient cardiac monitoring, central oxygen supply and other emergency treatment facilities for critically ill patients
- Haemodialysis in critical care units for patients on ventilators and other critically ill patients. A social worker to counsel the patient and other multi-disciplinary support staff including a dietician, pharmacist and physiotherapist are constantly available. For Outpatient care, weekly pre and postoperative kidney transplant patient clinics are held for managing the patient before planning for transplant.
Patient Testimonials For Kidney Transplant
The great support system at Yashoda Hospitals really helped me while being
Health Blogs for Kidney
కిడ్నీ సమస్యలకు అత్యాధునిక రోబోటిక్ సర్జరీలు
Oct 17, 2019 12:21
ఒకప్పుడు ఆపరేషన్ అంటే కత్తులు, కటార్లతో పెద్ద కోతలు పెట్టి చేసేవాళ్లు. ఎక్కడ సర్జరీ అవసరం అయితే అక్కడ కోసి లోపలున్న అవయవాలను సరిచేసేవాళ్లు. కాని అభివృద్ధి చెందిన వైద్యరంగం కష్టంలేని సర్జరీలను ఆవిష్కరిస్తున్నది. అలా వచ్చిందే లాపరోస్కోపిక్ సర్జరీ. ఇప్పుడు లాపరోస్కోపిక్ సర్జరీల కన్నా ఆధునికమైన రోబోలు వచ్చేశాయి.
Frequently asked questions about kidney transplant
May 04, 2019 11:25
Kidney transplant refers to a surgical procedure of placing a healthy kidney from a donor (alive or deceased) in the body of an individual whose kidneys fail to function normally. Kidney transplant is one of the most common transplant surgeries done around the world.
మూత్రపిండాల సమస్యలను గుర్తించటం ఎలా ? చికిత్స విధానాల వివరాలు
Mar 29, 2019 16:02
మూత్రపిండాల సమస్యలో ఐదు దశలు ఉంటాయి. మొదటి దశ, రెండో దశలో అసలు వ్యాధి లక్షణాలు కనిపించవు. మూడో దశలో ఆకలి మందగించడం, నీరసం, ముఖం వాచినట్లుగా ఉండటం, కాళ్లలో వాపు రావడం వంటి లక్షణాలు కనిపిస్తాయి.
వేసవిలో వేధించే మూత్రనాళ, కిడ్నీ వ్యాధులు ముందు జాగ్రతతో ఉపశమనం, ప్రమాదకర సమస్యల నివారణ
Mar 12, 2019 17:04
ఎండకాలం వచ్చే ఆరోగ్యసమస్యలలో మూత్రపిండాలు, మూత్రసంబంధమైనవి ముందు స్థానంలో ఉంటాయి. వీటిలో మూత్రపిండాలలో రాళ్లు ఏర్పడటం, యూరినరీ ట్రాక్(మూత్రనాళపు) ఇన్ఫెక్షన్లు ప్రధానమైనవి.
Learn the facts about PKD – Polycystic Kidney Disease
Mar 09, 2019 13:16
Polycystic kidney disease is characterised by cysts in the kidney which increase both in size and number, often resulting in kidney failure. Kidney transplant has shown successful result but precautionary measures are to be taken to cope up with its complications.
Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS)
Sep 19, 2016 07:00
A type of E. coli bacteria produces toxins that can destroy the red blood cells and block the kidneys’ filtering system Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a condition where the red blood cells are destroyed, abnormally. This leads to clogging of the kidney’s filtering system and leads to kidney failure. Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is […]
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Sep 03, 2016 05:37
Chronic kidney disease or chronic kidney failure is a slow and progressive loss of kidney function over a period of several years Chronic kidney disease (CKD) also described as chronic kidney failure is a condition where kidneys gradually stop functioning. The primary function of kidneys is to filter wastes and excess fluids from the blood. […]
Age-related Kidney Diseases
Aug 16, 2016 07:09
Anyone can develop kidney disease, regardless of the age Kidney diseases may occur in all age groups. Except for the hereditary link, in many instances kidney diseases may have been caused by an underlying disease. Glomerulonephritis is a condition where the kidneys get inflammated / swollen. Diabetes (excess sugar in the blood) is one of […]
Acute kidney failure – loss of kidney’s filtering ability
May 11, 2016 04:59
Acute kidney failure is a condition where the kidneys no longer filter the waste products from the blood. This condition results in accumulation of waste in the blood leading to further complications. Acute kidney failure may happen over few hours or days, and usually seen in patients undergoing treatment for kidney diseases. Acute kidney failure […]
Towards innovation – Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Dec 17, 2015 08:51
Continuous renal replacement therapy or CRRT is a blood purification therapy. CRRT is advised for patients suffering from impaired renal function, also referred to as Acute Kidney Injury (AKI). ICU patients undergo this therapy 24 hours a day. Kidney failure or renal insufficiency is a medical condition in which the kidneys fail to adequately filter […]