Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine Diseases Treatment in Hyderabad
Yashoda Institute of Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy specializes in the treatment of wide range of sports injuries and trauma. Some of the commonly treated injuries include fractures, stress fractures, sprains, strains twisting/sprain of an ankle or wrists, ligament tears, tendon ruptures, shoulder dislocation or dislocated shoulder, shoulder impingement, muscle strain, repetitive motion injuries or overuse syndrome, damaged cartilage contusions and other sports-related injuries. The multidisciplinary team of sports medicine specialists, arthroscopic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists collaborate to treat sports-related & degenerative injuries in sportspersons. We offer surgical options for sports injuries, namely:
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment in Hyderabad
- Rotator cuff injury: Any injury in the muscles & tendons of rotator cuff can cause dull pain in the shoulders which worsens in side-sleeping position. The pain may cause weakness in arms and difficulty in combing hairs or reaching behind the back. Any activities involving repetitive over-head motions as in badminton & tennis players. The risk for rotator cuff injury increases with age. Rotator cuff tears due to single injury needs immediate medical care. Any extensive rotator cuff tears may require surgical repair of the cuff, transfer of alternative tendons or joint replacement.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear(ACL) Injuries treatment in Hyderabad
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear: The tear in the anterior cruciate ligament may occur due to sudden twisting motion, mostly seen in dancers, football, basketball, and tennis players. ACL injuries and other ligament injuries in the knee joints cause swelling, instability and pain around the knee. The treatment may include surgeries for ligament repair or ligament reconstruction with physiotherapy.
- Hamstring injury: Also called as pulled hamstring, it is caused due to excess strain on the muscles of the back of the thighs. Basis the severity of damage, it is graded as:
- Grade 1: Mild strain or pull
- Grade 2: Partial muscle tear
- Grade 3: Complete muscle tear
- Tennis elbow: Overloading of the tendons of the elbow causes pain that spreads from the forearm muscles into the wrist. The pain is noticed prominently when trying to shake hands, grip an object, turn a doorknob etc. Conservative treatments can relieve pain but in chronic conditions, doctors might suggest a surgery. Commonly noticed in sportspersons participating in racket sports. Doctors may suggest a surgical procedure called as Tennis elbow release for relief.
- Golfer’s elbow is commonly seen but not limited to people playing golf. It is also noticed in people repeatedly using their wrist or clenching their fingers. While tennis elbow occurs outside of the elbow, Golfer’s elbow occurs inside of the elbow. Doctors may suggest a surgical procedure called as Golfer’s elbow release for relief.
Our approach consists of making a complete diagnosis by checking the injury thoroughly followed by formulating a management plan. The department is well equipped with all the necessary machines for the assessment of the injury and also to provide treatment for it. All these have been made for the comfort of the patients and to provide them with quality service.
Patient Testimonials For Arthroscopy
Namususwa Lydia from Uganda came to India with a complaint of a shoulder
“For the past 5 years, my mother-in-law was suffering from severe #back pain
I met with a road accident causing multiligament fracture and instability. I
Ms. C. H. Ramya was suffering with hip joint problem from past two years, lack
Health Blogs for Arthroscopy
Hip joint preservation – What is it and why?
Dec 12, 2019 12:57
The total joint replacement technology has limitations like the need for revision surgery and wearing of the implant thereby affecting lifestyle activities in younger age groups. Thus, preservation of the natural joints for as long as possible is desirable.
Frozen Shoulder – What is it and how can it be released?
Nov 16, 2019 12:00
Frozen shoulder is a condition in which the shoulder joint becomes painful and stiff. In a majority of patients there no particular cause that can be identified
Is stunting in the elderly related to osteoporosis?
Sep 06, 2019 17:49
Losing some height, especially after the age of 40, is normal due to loss of muscle mass. However, a significant height loss can signal osteoporosis, that people over the age of 50 should be aware of.
Arthroscopic reconstructive surgeries for sports injuries
May 31, 2019 16:04
Arthroscopic surgery is one of the greatest advances in modern orthopedic surgery. It offers an individual a cost-effective and minimally invasive alternative to conventional open approach surgery.
Shoulder Replacement Surgery (Arthroplasty)
Apr 05, 2019 17:12
Shoulder replacement surgery or shoulder arthroplasty is a surgical technique to replace the damaged ends of the bones of the shoulder joint that are causing pain and discomfort as well as restricting motion of the shoulder joint.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury – Role of Arthroscopy
Mar 26, 2019 11:51
An ACL injury is a sprain or tear of the anterior cruciate ligament which is a most commonly seen sports injury in athletes and sportsperson involved in tennis, basketball, football etc.
Why does the femoral head lose its blood supply?
Mar 15, 2019 18:30
A lack of blood supply to the tissue within the bone leads to its death, a condition called as avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis. It can sometimes lead to tiny breaks within the structure of the bone which is responsible for its eventual collapse.
మోకాలు కీలు మార్పిడి చేయించుకుంటే ప్రమాదమా?
Feb 27, 2019 17:01
కీలుమార్పిడి ఓ క్లిష్టమైన శస్త్రచికిత్స. ఇందుకోసం సరైన సర్జన్, సరైన ఆస్పత్రి ఎంపిక మీ జీవితంపైన చాలా ప్రభావం చూపుతుంది. విజయవంతంగా కీళ్లమార్పిడి ఆపరేషన్లను తరచూ నిర్వహించిన అనుభవం గల నిపుణులు ఉండి, పెద్ద సంఖ్యలో నిర్వహించే అత్యాధునిక వైద్యసదుపాయాలు గల ఆస్పత్రిని ఎంపికచేసుకోండి.
Arthritis and diabetes may go hand in hand
Dec 10, 2018 18:45
The importance of this data is to understand that arthritis-specific barriers to physical activity can be one of the causes for diabetes, explains Dr. Krishna Subramanyam, senior orthopedic and joint replacement surgeon at Yashoda Hospitals.
Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC), a regenerative therapy for bone and joint injuries
Oct 16, 2018 10:57
The regenerative stem cells from the person's bone marrow are tapped to prepare a concentrate which is then used in treating bone and joint injuries. Bone Marrow Concentrate (BMC) thus formed is injected into the site of injury in a simple day-care procedure under local anesthesia. This treatment is used for pain in the knees, hip, elbows, wrist, ankle, foot and even spine.
What is a sacroiliac joint injection?
Jul 24, 2017 22:22
A Sacroiliac Joint Injection is designed to treat pain and inflammation in the Sacroiliac Joint. What is sacroiliac joint pain? The Sacroiliac Joint is the connects the spine to the hip bones. There are two sacroiliac joints in the body, one on each side of the sacrum connected by strong ligaments. In humans, they help transfer […]
Aug 08, 2016 10:45
Selfie elbow is an overuse injury; only conscious efforts to take pressure off the elbow may be of help. Sonal, Akhil, Varun and Lalitha have two things in common, their obsession for taking selfie photos, and their suffering from painful elbows. What is now increasingly seen in young and old who take selfie photos with […]
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that silently progresses with ageing
May 16, 2016 04:08
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that occurs more in women and lesser in men who are over 50 years of age. Osteoporosis is described as a ‘silent disease’ as the condition has no symptoms. It is only after the bone fracture that the pain is evident. The bone fractures may be of the wrist, hip, […]
High Flexion Knee Replacement for more flexibility
Nov 09, 2015 05:37
Patients suffering from osteoarthritis will find relief in the latest high flexion knee replacement, which allows for active lifestyle and resumption of deep knee bending activities. However, this knee replacement surgery is successful only when there is early diagnosis, preoperative flexibility and the right physical therapy. The Flex Fixed Knee replacement allows for flexibility of […]
Tennis Elbow – Prompt diagnosis can have a huge impact on the prognosis
Mar 13, 2015 06:17
Tennis elbow, also referred to as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition wherein pain occurs while overusing the muscles in your elbow.
Compartment Syndrome can be acute (severe injury) or chronic (athletic exertion).
Mar 13, 2015 06:04
Compartment Syndrome is a condition wherein pressure builds up inside the human body in any of its enclosed spaces. This condition may arise due to swelling or bleeding post an injury. Frequently, it occurs in spaces in the leg or arm. Compartment syndrome may be acute or chronic. In India, abdominal compartment syndrome occurs in […]